CGGS this Sunday

  • Marilyn and Rob Lear
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 9, 2013
      The regular meeting of the Coastal Georgia Genealogical Society will be this Sunday, July 14th, at 2:00 at the Airport Firestation, SSI.  Our program will be "Show and Tell,"  a long-standing tradition for the club and always an informative one.  Please come with an interesting family item or a family story!  Include a photo of the person connected with the item, if available.  A reminder: only the paid members will now receive the club's newsletter.  Don't miss out on events and news related to family history.  Hope to see you on Sunday.  Visitors welcomed!

      Marilyn Lear, President
      CGGS

    • bethscribble@...

        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 6, 2013
          This is a reminder that the Coastal Georgia Genealogical Society will meet this Sunday, September 8th, at 2:00 at the meeting room at the Airport Firestation on St. Simons.  The program will be "The Brick Wall-Many Heads Are Better Than One."   All are invited!  Paid members receive a detailed newsletter with information about upcoming genealogy events and lots of helpful internet sites.  Dues for this year are payable now.

          The November 10th meeting will be a presentation "Journey Into Genetic Genealogy."  Mark your calendars and join us for information about this new family history tool!

          Marilyn Lear, President
          CGGS
        • Marilyn and Rob Lear
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 9, 2014
            MEETING THIS SUNDAY  Start the New Year by attending the meeting this Sunday, January 12,  at 2:00 at the Airport Fire Station, St. Simons.  The program will be about "Nefarious Ancestors," so come and hear about some folks who were not what they first were thought to be.  John Taylor is encouraging members to share stories of surprises found in researching their families.  Email him at jmt6201@... if you would like to be part of the program.  Refreshments will be served by our hospitality team Jennifer Irion and Kareen Narciso.

            DONATION  Our group has been given a generous donation from Jane Wroton and her husband.  As you may recall, Jim and wife Frances Wroton were active in CGGS for years, he serving as president as well as doing a terrific newsletter.  Come this Sunday with suggestions for a book we might purchase for the library with some of this money.

            CONFERENCE  As you read in your informative newsletter by Lodi Palmer, there is a genealogy seminar on Saturday, March 15, in Jacksonville.  Let's plan a car pool to this outstanding family history opportunity for which is only $20 if you register by January 14th, including lunch!!  This will be on our agenda on Sunday.  Learn more or register at www.nfgenealogyconference.com/  There are some 19 different speakers and a wide range of lectures from which to choose.

            SHUTTERFLY BOOK WORKSHOP  Linda Olsen has offered to give a free workshop to our members on creating a family history book using Shutterfly.  We will work on a possible date and location at the meeting.  Thanks, Linda!  Also in the works is the possibility of Beginners Genealogy Session.  More to come on this.

            As you can see, we have lots going on, so come and be a part of our friendly group.  Bring along magazines or books you no longer need which might be enjoyed by someone else in our club.

            Marilyn Lear, President
            Coastal Georgia Genealogical Society