Seniors Engagement Committee - project with public health agency of canada

  • Hung,T.K.- CFSGM Volunteer Dpt
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2006
      Hi All,

      We are moving forward with an organizing committee of the Seniors' project (now that summer 's over and the community garden is done). This committee will consists of staff members: Kwan, Grace (of SInoQuebec); volunteers like you and an evaulator/trainer on community development. We are now looking for a few people to join the committee, which will meet approximately every four to five weeks  from now to at least March 2007 9the 2nd phase of Aging Togerther project funded by public health agency of canada (formerly Health Canada)

      Prerequisites:
      Speaks mandarin and/or Cantonese
      Read / write simple Chinese
      Helped out in various activities related to seniors over the past year - implementation, gardening, home visits, interpretations, etc.

      Our next meeting will be the evening of September 18 Monday.

      Please reply this email if you are interested or have further questions. The agenda will be sent to the planning committee members soon.

      This is an excellent opportunity for those of you interested in community development and access to social services for seniors.

      Kwan

      ==
      HUNG, Ting Kwan 洪挺堃

      2006-Sept-9
      華埠清潔日 nettoyage du quartier chinois 华埠清洁日 Clean up Chinatown:
      http://geocities.com/cfsgmvd/
      WE NEED YOUR HELP !
      send email to: <cfs_sev@...> to sign up

      coordonnateur des be'ne'voles / volunteer coordinator&#28415;&#22478;&#33775;&#20154;&#26381;&#21209;&#20013;&#24515; &#32681;&#24037;&#37096;&#32113;&#31820;
      Service `a la famille chinoise du Grand Mtl / Chinese Family Service of Greater Mtl
      987 rue Cote', 4e e'tage, Montre'al, QC, H2L 1Z1
      Tel: (514)861-5244 poste 231 Te'le'copieur: (514)861-9008

      http://groups.msn.com/sfcgm2003
      demande de be'ne'voles / request for volunteers: http://calendar.yahoo.com/cfsgmvd

      Get your own >web address for just $1.99/1st yr. We'll help. Yahoo! Small Business.