Devotional - Spring Cleaning

  • cfdevcfpray
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2013
      2012-03-10 - Spring Cleaning
      By Richard Moser
      Originally published 3-10-2012

      As Winter comes to an end, the season of Spring approaches. Many people use Spring as an opportunity to clean up their yards and houses. Clothes that haven't been worn for a while are donated to charity or discarded. Lawn tools are sharpened and prepared for use. Some people use this as an opportunity to clean their houses thoroughly, inside and out.

      The season of the year preceding Easter is called Lent. Many Christians observe this period as a time of reflection, confession, study, and discipline. Lent can also be looked upon as a time of Spring cleaning. Paul says in 2 Corinthians 13:5 that we should examine and test ourselves, to see if we are staying faithful to Christ Through prayer and introspection, we can consider the things that can be cleaned up in our lives. Bad habits can be discarded. New spiritual habits can be established. Our spiritual tools, such as Bible study and prayer, can be sharpened. We can look forward to a fresh season in our lives, as we anticipate the celebration of Jesus' resurrection at Easter..

      My prayer is that God will show us what we need to clean up, discard, and sharpen in our lives, so that we may better serve Him.