2012-08-02 - A Picture in Heaven

  • cfmichael1
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2012
      Originally Published 2004-10-16

      Hello my friends,

      I was reading in God's Word the other day, and found something that shined out to me, and I wanted to share it with you.

      I was reading from Revelation Chapter 4 verses 2-4.

      Revelation 4:2 "Immediately I was in the Spirit; and behold, a throne set in heaven, and One sat on the throne. 3 And He who sat there was like a jasper and a sardius stone in appearance; and there was a rainbow around the throne, in appearance like an emerald. 4 Around the throne were twenty-four thrones, and on the thrones I saw twenty four elders sitting clothed in white robes; and they had crowns of Gold on their heads." (NKJV)

      As I was pondering this scripture, the rainbow stood out to me. It's a rainbow around the throne. We know of the rainbow as God's promise to Noah, that he would not destroy the Earth through a flood again. We see rainbows as arcs from the ground. A rainbow is seen as a concentric circle from an airplane. John describes this as a rainbow around the throne. This suggests that he saw it from above. According to the Zondervan Pictorial Encyclopedia of the Bible, a rainbow is the prismatic refraction of sunlight as seen as it is reflected on clouds during or immediately after a rain shower.

      For a refraction of the sun light to occur, the sunlight must hit something and refract through it. During or after a rain shower, it is rain drops that the sun light refracts through. The rings of the planet Saturn are concentric circles. There are particles in the orbit of the planet that the sun light refracts through, giving a dazzling display of rings.

      The rainbow in Heaven is getting its light from the Son of God. Only what is refracting that light? It's only speculation until the day of redemption occurs - when we will know, but I speculate it is one or both of the following:

      It's angels like the Cherubim bowing down at the throne, and also be people, bowing down, who have passed from this life already. So many so, who have been transformed to the image of Christ, that as the Sun light hits them, it refracts from them and gives the appearance of the rainbow, having therefore "the likeness of the Glory of God"

      I was discussing this idea with an associate, and he was wondering about people coming and going that the rainbow would change. I have thought about that and realized that when we see a rainbow, the colors are not moving, but there is moisture in the air that is still moving. Therefore as people are moving around in Heaven, the rainbow would remain.

      I got a giddy feeling about this vision, as I thought about the possibility of my speculation. I can't wait to get to Heaven to see it for myself.

      I hope you can picture it.

      God Bless,
      Rob

      rob@...