What Would an Invalid Say?

  • Lisa CfDevotionals
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2012
      What Would an Invalid Say?
      John 5:1-15

      When Jesus saw him lying there, and learned that he had been in this condition for a long time, he asked him, “Do you want to get well?”(John 5:6)

      I had been paralyzed for 38 years. One day, Jesus asked me if I wanted to be well. Did I want to get well? What kind of a question is that? Who would not want to be healed from the very thing that cripples you the most? Instead of an exuberant yes, I gave Jesus an excuse why I still was unwell.

      Jesus told me to get up and walk. Immediately I could. I was cured instantly. Some lofty leaders got in the mix, and were upset that I was healed on the Sabbath. Unfortunately, there are people who want to spin a negative light on our progress. To think -  these leaders were more concerned with having me suffer unnecessarily, and wait an extra day to get my life back.

      Lord, You are asking me if I want to trust You and to be well. You already know what I have dealt with, day after day. You don’t need to hear my excuses, in order for me to be restored. I give You this pain, and I give You this inconvenience. Let today be my receiving day. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

      lisacfdev@...
      http://www.writingbylisa.com/