20111202 - Gifts for God

  • J Adam Cain
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2011
      It's that time of year where for many of us we count the shopping days left until Christmas. We will buy or make gifts for many people. This year I want to do something different. This year I want to give more gifts to Jesus than to anyone else on my gift. Now I won't have anything wrapped under the tree for him but I am planning on giving as he instructed we could.

      Matthew 25:35-40
      35 For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; 36 naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.� 37 Then the righteous will answer Him, �Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? 38 And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? 39 When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?� 40 The King will answer and say to them, �Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.�

      There are many organizations that do this type of work and can use extra money or extra volunteers at this time of the year. Find them and work with them to give to Jesus. If you don't have money you can always give of your time and help at a shelter, a soup kitchen, or even find an elderly person in your church and help them around their house. Doing these things will help you realize how blessed you truly are and you may find yourself wanting to give even more. You will also discover that as you help make other people happy you will become happier yourself.

      IHFHBOH