2010-09-02 - Plain Evidence

  • cfmichael1
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2010
      John 10:25 Jesus answered them, "I told you, and you do not believe; the works that I do in My Father's name, these testify of Me. (NASB)

      Jesus was asked to speak plainly if He was the Christ. His answer was plain enough.

      Everything Jesus had done and said pointed to the Father - miracles from turning water into wine and raising the dead spoke of unearthly power. His words clearly spoke of the heart of compassion of the Father for us and the wiles of the enemy against us. In all of this they still were asking if Jesus was the Messiah, the Christ. These were the Jewish people who Jesus had come to give the good news (Luke 4:18).

      The world is the same today. Miracles happen daily mixed in with the normal events of the day along with the tragic. We are often so busy with the little urgent items that clutter our days, or are so fascinated with the tragedies that the miracles quietly slip by us. The coal miners in Chile who have survived what everyone was thought was certain death is the first thing that comes to mind. This is a tragedy that has turned into clear joy before us. They still need our prayers and support, but the wonder of the whole event is hard to deny.

      Then there are the daily miracles like newborn babies, the friendships and family around us. The answers to prayers: for someone who is very sick or badly injured and recovers, for safe return from a trip, for our daily provision. The God of the Universe hears each one of us and cares enough to answer. We may not always like the answers no or wait, but they are answers none the less. And the answer alone is a miracle if faith.

      Most of these events go without being connected to God as the source.

      The world chooses not to see these things, or not to recognize their source. But God is faithful and Jesus stands ready with the gift of eternal life - the greatest miracle. We must continue to pray for those around us, to speak with our words and our actions the power and truth of the evidence that is plainly laid out before them. None of us knows when their hearts will be opened to know that truth. It's not our decision. We may never see the end result of those prayers and words. Someone else could finish the tending of the seeds that you plant. Ours is to be faithful.

      We can be evidence of that greatest miracle - a changed life. Selah.

      Grace & Peace,
      Mike

      mhoskins@...