Love and Marriage Bible Style. Insights from Ananais and Sapphira

  • Lisa CfDevotionals
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2009
      Love and Marriage Bible Style. Insights from Ananais and Sapphira
      Acts 5:1-11

      Peter said to her, "How could you agree to test the Spirit of the Lord? Look! The feet of the men who buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out also."�(Acts 5:9)

      Communication is said to be important in marriage. While Ananais and Sapphira were honest with each other, their marriage is one to learn what not to do.

      Husband and wife Ananias and Sapphira sold a piece of land and gave some of the money to the disciples, while keeping the rest for themselves. Both were more concerned with outward appearances, what others thought of them, because they made it appear they were giving away all the money made from the land deal.

      When Peter confronted Ananias about it, he lied. Ananias didn't get a chance to defend himself, because Ananais died right after Peter's
      accusation. Poor Ananias, poor Sapphira.

      About three hours later, Sapphira came in, not knowing what happened to her husband. Peter verified with her the amount they received for the property. She also lied about it. Peter did not understand why Sapphira, like her husband, stretched the truth. Peter told her what happened to Ananias, and she too instantly died.

      Lord, When there are warning signs ahead of me, may I see them and obey them. I don't want to find myself in a situation where it may be too late. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

      Lisacfdev@...
      http://www.writingbylisa.com