Daniel, Chapter 11 Continued

  • CfDevJan@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2008
      If you wish to respond to the author of this study, you may write him
      directly at _GKragen@..._ (mailto:GKragen@...) .
      For additional Bible studies by Geoff, visit
      _http://www.cfdevotionals.org/links/authgeof.htm_ (http://www.cfdevotionals.org/links/authgeof.htm) . For more
      info about the author, visit www.GKRAGEN.com.
      Daniel, Chapter 11, Continued
      Searching for Peace
      All over the world people are looking for peace, especially at this moment in
      time. This is something every nation and every individual needs and desires.
      Of course, each government, and person for that matter, has a different
      definition of what it means to have peace. Some equate peace with isolationism: "If
      everybody leaves me alone, I'll be fine." Others equate peace with internal
      equality, such as the different ethnic groups in the Eastern European nations.
      Those in power often equate peace with a spreading of their control or, in the
      case of the Middle East, the spreading of a religious philosophy such as
      Islam. Nevertheless, all seem to agree on one thing: there is a need for peace.
      Now many believers understand that there will be no true peace in this world,
      until we have a one-world government under the authority of an absolute
      dictator, one who will exercise power over all peoples, not allowing for any
      disagreement with his authority. Wait, you say? Isn't that a description of the rule
      of Antichrist? The answer is no! - For while this form of rule may be what
      Antichrist tries to establish, his government will bring no peace, but rather
      great destruction and upheaval. If you think about it, you will see that this is
      a description of the Millennial kingdom, when Messiah holds absolute sway. In
      that day, the whole Earth will experience a theocracy - the final form of
      government - a government where God exercises His rule and absolute authority.
      Only then will there be political peace.
      But mankind desires peace now, and is open to anyone they believe will bring
      it. Observe how so many looked to leadership in the UN as the herald of world
      peace. Look at how the European governments are pulling together to form an
      alliance of peace, out of the ashes of the old Roman Empire. Mankind is ready
      for someone who will appear to bring peace; therefore mankind is ready for the
      Antichrist.
      "Joshua stood calmly on the airplane ramp, while the excited crowd
      applauded.... He spoke, and the power in his voice convinced even the skeptical that a
      charismatic leader had come to Israel. 'I have come to aid my adopted country.
      I have come to the land of my forefathers. I have come as one citizen. I have
      come as one man. I have come to offer my help. We can defeat those who boast
      of tossing us into the sea. No, we will defeat them! We will triumph!'
      The crowd burst into hysterical applause and clapping. One student raced
      forward to the microphone, and started a chant:
      Saul has slain his thousands,
      David his ten thousands,
      Joshua his millions."
      Later at the Knesset.
      "'Joshua! Joshua!' shouted one of the ministers.
      'Yes, Joshua!' echoed another
      'Is it not possible,' said Marcus Zelig, 'that God might be performing a
      great miracle in our midst, and we are too proud or too dimsighted to perceive
      it?' He paused and surveyed the other members.
      'Think of our rich history, ladies and gentlemen! Remember! When God's
      covenant people came to desperate straits, and they cried out for help, God
      answered. God raised up a Moses. A Gideon. A Deborah or Jepthah! A Judas
      Maccabaeus!'...
      '... A tinny voice cried out, 'You're Joshua Gad-Erianko! You are God's
      deliverer for us!'"

      They didn't know it, but -
      The Antichrist Had Come!" 1

      1 Youssef, Michael, Earth King, Crossway Books, 1988, pg. 87 & 89.

      2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)

    • CfDevJan@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 8, 2008
        If you wish to respond to the author of this study, you may write him
        directly at _GKragen@..._ (mailto:GKragen@...) .
        For additional Bible studies by Geoff, visit
        _http://www.cfdevotionals.org/links/authgeof.htm_ (http://www.cfdevotionals.org/links/authgeof.htm) . For more
        info about the author, visit _http://www.gkragen.com/_
        (http://www.gkragen.com/) .
        The Antichrist
        Verses 36-39: What does this passage say about Antichrist? First, he isn't
        subject to any power or other authority other than his own. And, as was the case
        with Antiochus, he magnifies himself above other political authorities - and
        he also deifies himself.
        "He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or
        is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself
        to be God" (2 Thessalonians 2:4).
        As part of this action, he blasphemes God in way so vile that it is unique in
        history.
        "The beast was given a mouth to utter proud words and blasphemies, and to
        exercise his authority for forty-two months. He opened his mouth to blaspheme
        God, and to slander his name and his dwelling place and those who live in Heaven"
        (Revelation 13:5-6).
        Antichrist will be successful in all he strives to do, but this will only be
        the case for a short time, because his end is already established.
        "He will confirm a covenant with many for one 'seven.' In the middle of the
        'seven,' he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on a wing of the
        temple, he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that
        is decreed in poured out on him" (Daniel 9:27) (emphasis mine).
        This is a strange individual, because he is missing all of the traditional
        loyalties. He has no regard for the faith of his fathers, which some interpret
        as Judaism, but there is nothing in the passage to indicate this.
        Second, he has no loyalty to womankind. This is more than simply not being
        married, but rather having no respect for women in general. One excellent way to
        understand this verse might be the way Campbell explains it:
        "The expression 'desire of women' probably refers to the desire of Hebrew
        women in pre-Messianic times to be the mother of the Messiah. It is plain then
        that Antichrist will reject any and all deities, and specifically, the Lord
        Jesus Christ." 2
        Some take this as support for the fact that Antichrist comes out of Roman
        Orthodoxy, due to the celibacy requirement. Again, that, is certainly reaching.
        Finally, the angel reasserts that Antichrist has no regard for any God. All
        this makes sense, when one realizes that he is a total megalomaniac. His world
        revolves totally around himself. He becomes his own God, and at some point
        requires the world to accept him as such. But there is apparently one God that he
        does regard. Keil puts it this way.
        "He will regard no God, but only war; the taking of fortresses he will make
        his god." 3
        2 Campbell, Donald K., Daniel, Discovery House, 1988, pg. 171.
        3 Leupold, H. C., Exposition of Daniel, Baker Book House, 1969, pg. 517.
        To be continued.