Show Off Your Colors

  • lisa@cfdevotionals.org
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2007
      Show Off Your Colors

      To show our class spirit in school, all the students were allowed to wear
      something in the school's colors: yellow and turquoise. Why we didn't have
      standard colors like blue and red is beyond me. I had nothing that looked
      remotely like turquoise - and the closest yellow item I owned was a
      raincoat that was too small. I searched feverishly from store after store, until
      I found something to wear.

      Fortunately as believers, we don't have to wear certain colors to show our
      dedication to God. As commanded in Deuteronomy 6:5 we are to "love the LORD
      your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your
      strength." (NIV) It's not as easy as finding an outfit in a store; it takes
      dedication and persistence. But oh, the benefits to knowing the Lord
      personally. "For I command you today to love the LORD your God, to walk in his
      ways, and to keep his commands, decrees and laws; then you will live and
      increase, and the LORD your God will bless you in the land you are entering to
      possess." (30:16)

      Lord, Help me not to be afraid to profess my commitment and love toward
      You. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

      Lisa
      www.writingbylisa.com