20070102 - A Choice to Make

  • Adam CFDev
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2007
      The Israelites found themselves in a new land with new temptations and memories of old ways and old temptations from their time in Egypt. So Joshua gathers the people and speaks to them saying, "Now therefore fear the LORD, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the LORD. And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." (Joshua 24:14-15)

      Today you stand in a brand new day that will bring with it new enticements and memories of past temptations and mistakes. Today you too have a choice, the same choice given to the Israelites. You may choose good or evil - life or death.

      You must consciously decide each day to choose God's ways. As Paul put it, we must kill our sinful ways and choose to live by Christ's ways. Pray right now and tell God how you want to spend this day. Ask for the strength to live the day for him.

      Then be prepared for wondrous things to happen. Sanctify yourselves: for tomorrow the LORD will do wonders among you. (Joshua 3:5b)

      IHFHBOH

      Comments or questions?
      Write adam@...
      All scripture references from KJV unless otherwise noted