Messages from CET Alumni

  • sujit_zachariah
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 15, 2002
      FROM: bullthampi@...
      DATE: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 21:15:18 -0000
      SUBJECT: new member

      Hi, Am Shyam Thampi from 1993 architecture batch CET. Came
      to know recently about this group. Thanx for letting me in.
      Am now a graduate student trying to finish my M.F.A in
      computer art at Savannah College of Art and Design. Georgia.
      CETians in US can contact me at 912 231 8537
      lal salam
      FROM: gtcpltd@...
      DATE: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 18:46:52 +0530
      SUBJECT: SENIOR Mr X

      Dear Moderator,

      Well, I was just thinking what a great pedigree our College has.
      If I remember correct, the College was started in the year 1939 under
      the
      then Maharajah Of Travancore under Travancore University in the
      current PMG
      Campus.Later it was shifted to Kulathoor, the present campus.
      Well, from the current database you have, who is the seniormost ?
      Anybody
      from the class of 1944-45 ?Pre Independence pass outs ?(I presume the
      class
      who joined in 1939 wd hv passed out in 1944 or 45 !!)
      We should honour that senior Mr/Ms/Mrs X, If I may call so in this
      group.(Of course this Variable X has to be determined !!!...and fixed)

      Regards,
      Krishna Anand
      Class of 1988
      Electrical Engg.

      [Moderator]
      The "seniormost" registrant on the cet-india.org database is:
      Name : P.P.Menon
      Branch : Mechanical Engineering
      Year of graduation : 1953
      Address : 15,16th Avenue, Harrington Road, Chetpet
      City : Chennai
      State : TN
      Country : INDIA
      Zip Code : 600031
      Home Page :
      Email : ppmenon32@...
      Comments :
      Registered on : Monday, April 19, 1999 at 01:09:46 (EDT)
      FROM: hilalahamed@...
      DATE: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 17:10:27 -0800 (PST)
      SUBJECT: Re: [cet-india] Messages from past week!

      Hey Guys
      Do u know me?? Iam hilal.t.a of 1986-90 civil
      batch..I was only person with Honarary Mech membership
      as I used to spend most my time with the mechs.
      I used to spend some time with Civilans and rest in other parts of
      engg college. I was More involved in Gallop poll during
      elections in engg college...
      And Iam in Uk working for IMS Health as a software
      engineer( Mainframes) Any One from My college out
      here in Uk. I don't mind which year which Batch. Pls
      call me in 07740863686..
      We can talk of Our college( CET Trivandrum)
      Cheers
      Hilal
      [Moderator]

      Apologize for the delay in moderating some of the messages. Am in
      the process of adding a few more moderators.
    • sujit_zachariah
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 8, 2002
        Updates from cet-india.org:
        ===========================

        The commercial webhosting company hosting the cet-india.org
        domain was recently bought over. Co-location hosting services are in
        the process of being transferred over to the new provider (over the
        past fortnight). Many issues (technical and otherwise) still need to
        be resolved. Some database files have been corrupted or lost and the
        host is in an unstable state. There are also issues with the
        configuration of emails sent to the cet-india.org address. Will post
        an update when issues get resolved. Please bear with us in the mean
        time.

        Messages from the past few weeks:
        ==================================
        From: "Chitra R" <chitra@...>
        Date: Thu Feb 14, 2002 5:24pm
        Subject: Re: [cet-india] Messages from CET Alumni

        Hi,

        Congrats to Sujit for his efforts in bringing together all of us.
        I am Chitra.R - 1990 batch - Civil. Some of you might know me. I was
        the College Union VC in 1987-88.
        Working with Technopark from May 1991 in the administration office
        (Park Centre). Doing my part time MBA
        again with CET. That means I am still a student of CET. Sometimes I
        meet some of our friends who are working
        in various companies in the Campus.
        That is all for now.
        Thanks,
        Chitra
        From: "Raja Pillai" <thakazhi@...>
        Date: Fri Feb 15, 2002 3:24am

        Hi Friends,

        I fully support the idea of honouring the Senior Most person in this
        group ( The person with the youngest mind). If the moderator can pull
        a voting in Yahoo to decide how to honour this member. Please share
        your thoughts how to honour this member.

        Best regards
        Rajasekharan Pillai

        [Moderator]
        Share your ideas ..! Any member on Yahoo! groups can setup a poll at
        the groups site.
        From: "Usha Easwaran" <ushaeaswaran@...>
        Date: Fri Feb 15, 2002 2:23am
        Subject: Hello friends

        I am Usha Electrical and Electronics E2 batch 1986-1990.
        Working in UK for the NHS. I dont find anybody from this batch here
        surprisingly.
        Good Luck to all CETiiians!
        From: "Manoj Mathew" <mmathew@...>
        Date: Fri Feb 15, 2002 1:23am
        Subject: Job requirement

        Hi,

        Looking for any CETian who would be interested.:
        An EOU Development centre in Cochin EPZ which is a Honeywell spinoff
        requires people with experience in Embedded systems , RTOS and System
        integration. 10yrs + experience and down two ( 7 and 5 yrs) levels.
        If you are please interested, pls give me a call on +91-98400-35313.

        Manoj Mathew/
        From: suja s nair <sujasurendran@...>
        Date: Fri Feb 15, 2002 3:02am
        Subject: Hi Everybody!

        Hi all

        I've been added to this mailing group recently.Its nice to get in
        touch with everyone thru this.Hope everyone is fine.
        Bye for now

        Regards
        Suja S Nair
        From: nazarulislam <nazar_islam@...>
        Date: Sat Feb 16, 2002 4:21pm
        Subject: Civilengineering website

        hi all,

        I am happy to present u all a No:1 civilengineering
        site, to help all civilengineer's. You can check this
        site and give comments..... . You will get response as
        soon as possible. If u want any subject in seminars or
        projects, i can help u in that .. and if u want to
        know about any job details in any part of world , u
        just enter the site and sign guest book with
        comments.Ok.

        Civilengineering site
        www.geocities.com/civilmate
        by
        Nazarul Islam.K
        From: Clara Ashita Bastian <cashita@...>
        Date: Mon Feb 18, 2002 11:11am

        HI!
        I'm Clara Ashita from 1994-98 batch (Computer Science
        and Engg.) I'm currently working in an IT services
        firm , CGI in Toronto, Canada.
        Any members of the alumni in Canada, please do contact
        me...
        Regards,
        Clara
        From: "resmi k" <resmi_cet@...>
        Date: Thu Feb 21, 2002 10:35am
        Subject: hi all, here's gud news

        RANKING OF ENGINEERING COLLEGES WHOSE ADMISSION BEING DONE BY
        CONTROLLER OF
        ENTRANCE EXAMINATIONS AS PER SURVEY CONDUCTED AMONG ENGINEERING
        COLLEGE
        PROFESSORS, PARENTS AND STUDENTS.
        Rank No College Code Name of College University
        1 TVM College of Engineering, Trivandrum Kerala

        LETS BE PROUD THAT WE ARE PRODUCTS OF CET
        hv a fine day!
        resmi
        From: "CADDSOFT Solutions, Cochin" <cadds@...>
        Date: Fri Feb 22, 2002 8:15pm

        Hello everybody,

        Hope this cet-india is going strong with lot of hits every day.
        In connection to this, I am glad to inform you all of a formation of
        a club at Cochin, named as ENGINEERS CLUB
        The idea was promoted by CEETA, Kochi (College of Engineering
        Trivandrum Alumini), and now it is headed by all top professionals in
        the industry. The club already acquired some land near NH byepass,
        Cochin and the construction of building is going on..
        If anybody needs to know more about this club, please forward a mail
        to me, and I can arrange the necessary information.
        Please keep in mind, the admission to this club is 100% restricted to
        engineers and their family.

        Regards
        Cinu Thomas (1985-89 civil)
        cadds@...
        Cochin
        From: =?iso-8859-1?q?Aishwarya=20Vijayanand?=
        <aishuvijay@...>
        Date: Wed Feb 27, 2002 7:34pm
        Subject: CET Magazine committe request info from CET Alumni

        Hi all,

        This year CET magazine committe is planning to include
        in this year's college magazine, a feature about the
        changing quality of campus life in CET, over the
        years. Changes in the landscape & mindscape of CET,
        attitudinal & perceptional changes of students etc,
        etc.
        They are interested in getting the views of the alumni
        on the following. Please indicate your name, branch
        and year of passing out and mail cetmag@... with
        your responses.
        1. Life at CET-campus orientation, buildings,
        landscapes etc
        2. Places of eating out (hotels nearby) / Hang out
        places
        3. Cost of essential services( bus rates to college,
        cost of lunch coupons,tea, snacks etc)
        4. Mode of transportation / No: of bikes/cars in
        campus
        5. Hostel life (if applicable)
        6. Interaction b/w guys and girls
        7. Tours
        8. Study habits
        9. Cultural events / Sports & games
        10. Political activity
        11. Do you recall some of the more popular words( and
        their meanings !)from the CETspeak or lingo from your
        time ?
        12.What do you remember most about CET?
        13.Other relevant information.
        14. Any other details that you feel are relevant.
        Anything that comes to your mind like the common,
        colloquial terminologies of your time, the
        inauguration of important buildings, such as
        planetarium, archi block, indoor stadium, ceeta hall
        ..... , cultural events conducted by the college etc
        could be included.
        A word doc with the questionnaire is also attached.
        Thanks and Best Regards,
        Aishwarya

        [Moderator]

        Word document can be found at:
        From: "Deepu.A.S" <deepu_as@...>
        Date: Fri Mar 1, 2002 5:30am
        Subject: CET Gulf alumini.......

        Hi all,
        CETA gulf chapter's annual get together was held on
        8th Feb. 2002.....vivitha kala paripadikalodi koodi kondadi.
        Do to the file size of the photos, im posting the photos in the
        file session. Those who r interested, they can click the following
        links:

        From: "unnikri shnan" <unniar@...>
        Date: Thu Mar 7, 2002 2:09am
        Subject: Supply Results

        Hai Friends
        If anyone want to know the S8/S7/S6/S5 results of 2001sept exams(Any
        branch,1993scheme) mail me, I have tsken down almost all the results