Dave Sim's blogandmail #15 (September 26th, 2006)

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 27, 2006

      Tuesday September 26 -

      All this week the Blog & Mail is brought to you by

      Dave Sim Collected Letters 2004

      Buy a copy and ignore it. That'll show me.

      Dave Sim Collected Letters 2004

      We're not above using transparent reverse psychology a five-year-old could see through to move some of these books.

      Available at better comic book stores briefly in the Fall of 2005 and now for all intents and purposes vanished without a trace.

      Or order online at www.followingcerebus.com

      Okay, this is the end of week two and it seems pretty clear that the choice is between actually answering my mail or continuing with the Blog & Mail. Just out of curiosity, I asked Chester and John and Siu and Han what length of time they would pick if they started a pool to decide how long I would keep this up. Balancing how much of my life it was already taking up against the fact that I did a monthly comic book for 26 years the lowest guess was two weeks and the highest guess was three weeks.

      At that point—after briefly considering starting a pool then and there, making it to four weeks, packing it in and taking their money—I thought: the key thing will be to not set a precedent that you get 3,000 to 5,000 words every day. As soon as I can I have to do a real short one so they know that some days that's just going to happen. They're Big Yahoos (for the most part). They can take it.

      Today's Blog & Mail has been brought to you by

      Dave Sim Collected Letters 2004

      587 pages of All Dave All the Time.

      Unlike the Blog & Mail, if you buy a copy of Collected Letters it will be 587 pages long when you buy it and

      When you wake up tomorrow it will

      Still

      be 587 pages long! A specious argument, to be sure,

      But it means I get to go to bed now!

      Dave Sim Collected Letters 2004

      Available at better comic book stores everywhere

      Or order it online at

      www.followingcerebus.com

    • Chris W
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 27, 2006
        --- Jeff Tundis <jctundis@...> wrote:

        > Tuesday September 26 -
        >
        > All this week the Blog & Mail is brought to you by
        >
        > Dave Sim Collected Letters 2004
        >
        > Buy a copy and ignore it. That'll show me.

        Damn. I got my copy from amazon.com yesterday, and I
        didn't ignore it. Silly me, I actually started
        reading it. I'm already most of the way through his
        catching up with the mail. And I've even read later
        letters (such as opening it to a random page and
        seeing "Steve Bolhafner" there in big letters).

        Sorry, Dave.

        http://mail.yahoo.com