Re: [cerebus] Re: Secret Confession (shhhhhh. . .)

  • John L
    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 1, 2005
      On 8/31/05, rainmandu2 <rainmandu@...> wrote:
      --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Seiler" <seilerjeff@h...>
      wrote:

      > >  ahh..gotcha..sorry about that.
      > >  "Semi-pro"?? I have a hunch you're not talking about a
      baseball
      > player here
      > > and that there's another patented Jeff Seiler story in the worls
      > here! ;^)
      > > L nny
      >
      > BTW, I did mention my celibacy (and the length of it, which is
      what
      > seems to amaze people more) to the "girlfriend" on a couple of
      > occasions.  Complete non-starter both times.  I mean, no
      response at
      > all. I thought that was a bit strange but never got around to
      asking
      > her why.
      >   Oh, and while I am tempted to consider the one night stand
      not a
      > streak breaker b/c it was such a bad experience all around, the
      honest
      > side of me does know that it broke the streak.  So, new streak
      is now
      > up to 75 days.
      >   Billy was the first person I told about it, then I wrote about it to
      > Dave.  It was interesting that his response was very supportive,
      as in
      > no judgmentalism, but that he brought up the difference
      between
      > celibacy and "not getting laid," just like Larry first did at last
      > year's SPACE.  It is a humdinger of a story, though.
      >
      > Jeff

      I think I'll try celibacy.

      Hmm.

      Well, that was certainly interesting.

      Rainmandu

      I'm surprised you lasted that long.

      John L

      Message 2 of 22 , Sep 1, 2005
        wrote:

        > > > Um, yeah. Since Larry has been bugging me about doing a mini-
        > > > comic/s
        > > > based on my story/ies, I may just have to save
        > > > this one for a mini-
        > > > comic.
        > > > That is, if he's willing to collaborate with me on doing
        > > > it--me story, him art. . .
        > > >

        > > Well, I *have* been meaning to get back into the game. ;)
        > >

        > Seriously, once you hear the story, you would beg me to do it.
        > Only
        > thing is, it's not funny
        > (except in a cosmic screw you sort of way)
        > and there is no happy ending.
        > If you're interested, I'll e-mail you
        > the story.

        Well, yeah, I'm interested, although since my forte is happy
        endings, it might be a bit of a challenge. The other problem I'd
        have with doing the art on some of your stories is, to put it
        delicately, I'm not as familiar with some of the settings you've
        found yourself in. I'd need some photo reference for what the
        inside of an East St. Louis strip joint looks like, for instance. ;)

        But send it along, and we'll see what we can see.

        Message 3 of 22 , Sep 1, 2005
          --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, "rainmandu2" <rainmandu@e...> wrote:

          > I have this friend (no, really)

          Is his name Joey Jo-Jo Junior Shabadoo? ;)

          > he had
          > been bored at work one day and decided to do a search for my
          > name and ended up here, reading a bunch of posts by me.

          He knows you as "rainmandu"?

          > He does
          > that a lot. Looks for things on the internet by people he knows.

          See, Jeff? I wasn't just being paranoid.

          - Larry Hart
        • Matt Dow
          Message 4 of 22 , Sep 1, 2005
            holy. shit.

            Words fail me.

            Rain, thank you for that rant. If it would fit, I'd say put it on a shirt.

            Matt
            (If you Google Matt Dow, you'll mostly get a James Cagney movie.)

          • Andrew Hickey
            Message 5 of 22 , Sep 1, 2005
              On 01/09/05, Matt Dow <mouseskull@...> wrote:
              > holy. shit.
              >
              > Words fail me.
              >
              > Rain, thank you for that rant. If it would fit, I'd say put it on a shirt.

              I say put it on a shirt anyway.
              (I'm fat - lot of surface area).

              --
              DUMB ANGEL HAS UPDATED 13/8/05!
              http://dumbangel.keenspace.com
              Message 6 of 22 , Sep 1, 2005
                wrote:

                > > I have this friend (no, really)
                >
                > Is his name Joey Jo-Jo Junior Shabadoo? ;)

                Rainmandu says:
                I'm missing something here.

                > > he had
                > > been bored at work one day and decided to do a search for
                my
                > > name and ended up here, reading a bunch of posts by me.
                >
                > He knows you as "rainmandu"?

                Rainmandu says:
                Yes. Well, he knows me by my REAL name, but he also knows
                the name "Rainmandu."

                > > He does
                > > that a lot. Looks for things on the internet by people he
                knows.

                > See, Jeff? I wasn't just being paranoid.

                Rainmandu says:
                No, he wasn't. People do weird shit when they're bored.

                > - Larry Hart

                Rainmandu
                Message 7 of 22 , Sep 2, 2005
                  --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, "rainmandu2" <rainmandu@e...> wrote:

                  > > > I have this friend (no, really)
                  > >
                  > > Is his name Joey Jo-Jo Junior Shabadoo? ;)
                  >
                  > Rainmandu says:
                  > I'm missing something here.

                  It's from the Simpsons.

                  Homer tries to confess to Barney about his sexual attraction to
                  coworker Mindy, and he begins by saying:

                  "I have this...friend...named...[obviously making it up as he goes
                  along] Joey...Jo...Jo...Junior...Shabadoo???"

                  Then a guy gets up from the bar and runs out, and Barney calls after
                  him: "Joey Jo-Jo!"

                  So Homer then admits "Oh, what the heck? It's me."

                  I guess you had to be there. ;)

                  Message 8 of 22 , Sep 2, 2005

                    -------- After Mo says "That's the worst name I ever heard"