Re: Sim art in Marvel's Secret Wars #6?

  • coffeestained
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2004
      These comics seem to be a reprint of some kind, anthology-esque.
      Also, if memory serves, there was NO issue "#18" of the Secret Wars
      series, nor was Alpha Flight involved in that ghastly story.

      The seller's description of "two full page pieces" couldÂ…mean that
      there are simply 2 reprints for the Sim Portfolio in the Marvel
      Fanfare issue?

      j(ay)
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2004
        --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, "Margaret" <meowwcat@y...> wrote:

        > Question for all you Marvel readers out there.
        > I found an auction on
        > ebay:
        > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
        ViewItem&category=35761&item=2266757121&rd=1

        > which makes the claim:
        > "Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars" # 6 (July 6-19, 1985) Features
        > Secret Wars, Alpha Flight stories. This issue also has two pages
        > of "Marvel's Secret Artist" (contest, two full page pieces)
        > and the artist not named can be none other than Dave Sim !"
        >
        > Can anyone confirm or deny this? I don't have the Secret Wars mini
        > series so I can't look it up myself. I don't remember hearing
        > anything about this.

        Those are British comics. I can't speak for what's in them, but
        maybe our Brit or Eurpoean colleagues can? They're certainly not the
        original American "Secret Wars" issues, which came out in 1984.