Re: Re: [cerebus] Re: Episode IV (OT) warning--new rainmandutheories

  • Ryan_Dunne@fsmail.net
    Message 1 of 35 , Aug 1, 2004

      Message date : Aug 01 2004, 07:44 AM
      From : "Tony Palermo"
      To : cerebus@yahoogroups.com
      Copy to :
      Subject : Re: [cerebus] Re: Episode IV (OT) warning--new rainmandutheories
      --- rainmandu2 wrote:

      > --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, Tony Palermo
      > wrote:
      > > --- Ryan_Dunne@f... wrote:
      > >

      > > > There are numerous on set photos of Anakin
      > > > interacting with a clearly pregnant Padme. As
      > such,
      > > > I can hardly see him murdering his wife and
      > children
      > > > in a kiddy-friendly movie.
      > > > ryan
      > >
      > > No kidding, eh?
      > > I've always suspected that Anakin had no idea she
      > was
      > > pregnant.
      > >
      > > That changes things in my mind...

      > Which makes it even more likely that Obi-Wan (or
      > someone
      > else) fakes her death (and the deaths of her unborn
      > children) to
      > protect her (and the children, who could be turned
      > to the Dark
      > Side) from Anakin.
      >
      > Rainmandu

      Right on...that's just about the only way it could
      unfold to make it hold up.

      8^D

      Perhaps, but would it not be uncharacteristically destructinve of Obi-Wan to tell Anakin about the death of Padme, especially when he knows that it would probably push him over the edge emotionally?

      ryan
      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

      Whatever you Wanadoo

    • rainmandu2
      Message 35 of 35 , Aug 2, 2004
        --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, Ryan_Dunne@f... wrote:

        > Message date : Aug 02 2004, 12:04 AM
        > From : "rainmandu2"
        > To : cerebus@yahoogroups.com
        > Copy to :
        > Subject : [cerebus] Re: Episode IV (OT) warning--new
        rainmandutheories
        > --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, Ryan_Dunne@f... wrote:

        > > Message date : Aug 01 2004, 07:44 AM
        > > From : "Tony Palermo"
        > > To : cerebus@yahoogroups.com
        > > Copy to :
        > > Subject : Re: [cerebus] Re: Episode IV (OT) warning--new
        > rainmandutheories
        > > --- rainmandu2 wrote:
        > >
        > > > --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, Tony Palermo

        > > > such,
        > > > children

        > > > was

        > > > Which makes it even more likely that Obi-Wan (or
        > > > someone
        > > > else) fakes her death (and the deaths of her unborn
        > > > children) to
        > > > protect her (and the children, who could be turned
        > > > to the Dark
        > > > Side) from Anakin.
        > > >
        > > > Rainmandu
        > >
        > > Right on...that's just about the only way it could
        > > unfold to make it hold up.

        > > 8^D
        > >
        > > Perhaps, but would it not be uncharacteristically destructinve
        of
        > Obi-Wan to tell Anakin about the death of Padme, especially
        > when he knows that it would probably push him over the edge
        > emotionally?
        > > ryan
        >
        > Well, if Anakin is already on the road to the Dark Side and his
        > unborn children are at risk, better to tell him they're dead and
        > drive him even further over to the Dark Side than NOT tell him
        > and run the risk of him corrupting them. Because I'm guessing
        > that, at some point, it will be revealed that Vader's SON is the
        > one who's REALLY supposed to "bring balance to the Force."
        Or
        > something like that.
        >
        > Rainmandu
        >
        > Don't think so; being the Chosen One is not a family business
        to be passed on to one's children. In terms of speculation, I'm
        interested to the how /why Palpatine reveals himself to be Darth
        Sidious. He would have to tell Anakin to train him , but what
        about the Jedi? Wouldn't Yoda (at least) be suspicious of all the
        extra power Palpatine is getting?
        > ryan

        Didn't say it was passed on. Just that they were wrong about
        Anakin being the one.

        Rainmandu