Re: [cerebus] Re: Gerhard still missing! Manhunt Continues!

  • Chris W
    Message 1 of 17 , May 1, 2004
      > So, how was everyone's first month of
      > 'Cerebuslessness'?
      > I'm still getting used to it myself.
      >
      > Ger

      I think it's still waiting to settle in for me. When
      the last collection comes out, that will be something.
      I am wondering what there will be in the comic store
      that could possibly fill the hole. I have hardly any
      reason to go in anymore.

      I have been re-reading "Mothers and Daughters". Now
      that the end is complete, it'll be possible to isolate
      each novel from the series as-a-whole. If Dave ended
      the 'story proper' at #200, while reading beyond that
      we still didn't know exactly what was being continued
      and what had ended, so there was always the chance
      *hah* that he would be tying stuff up by #300. Now I
      can look more closely at what was being done in
      "Mothers and Daughters" that distinguished itself from
      what came before and what comes after.

      When "The Last Day" comes out, I'll consider a re-read
      of the entire series. My Dad is eager to read the
      second half this summer -- he'll start with an
      autographed set of "M&D" :D -- so I'll consider it
      then. Sooner or later I'll be drawn back to the
      little grey guy.

      But I'm still getting used to the whole thing I guess.
      Love those backgrounds.

    • Chris W
      Message 2 of 17 , May 1, 2004
        > So what's all this talk about "no more Cerebus?" ;^P

        > L nny

        Yeah, really. I got my copy of #301 and loved it.
        Shep-Shep certainly looks, uh, different now that he's
        come back from Egypt. Do you think we'll ever find
        out what happened to him there?

        And New Joanne, I think she's literally changed her
        name to Capital 'G' Goddess, look at the way Sim
        lettered that. Oh yeah, she's gone to war.

        *loved the Lord Julius reference on page 15 with those
        guys in the background*