back cover

  • walkingman
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 1, 2001
      Hi,
      What issue are you referencing, re: back cover of Dave & Jeff--don't have internet access, but do have comicbooks! Thanks! Matt
    • Robert Cooper
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 1, 2001
        At 07:02 AM 1/06/01 -0400, walkingman wrote:
        >Hi,
        > What issue are you referencing, re: back cover of Dave & Jeff--don't
        > have internet access, but do have comicbooks! Thanks! Matt

        Wait a minute. If you don't have internet access...

        RC
      • John L
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 1, 2001
          >>   What issue are you referencing, re:  back cover of Dave & Jeff--don't
          >> have
          internet access, but do have comicbooks! Thanks!  Matt

          >Wait a minute.  If you
          don't have internet access...

          >RC

          That's what i was thinking when I read it.

          John L
        • darren@timemachinego.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 1, 2001
            The photo is on the back cover of Cerebus #185 (hmmm... one before
            186 coincidentally.)

            Regards, Darren.

            --- In cerebus@y..., "walkingman" <walkingman@m...> wrote:
            > Hi,
            > What issue are you referencing, re: back cover of Dave & Jeff--
            >don't have internet access, but do have comicbooks! Thanks! Matt
          • Andrew
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 1, 2001
              Friday, June 01, 2001, 1:57:55 PM, darren wrote:

              dtc> The photo is on the back cover of Cerebus #185 (hmmm... one before
              dtc> 186 coincidentally.)

              It's interesting. Back then I could easily imagine a happy Dave. He
              had a great sense of humour, and if he could also produce terribly
              depressing work, then there was always an air of irreverence about
              them.

              Nowadays he seems remarkably grumpy and it's hard to imagine him
              giggling and relaxing.

              Andy D
              ____

              No-one suspects the butterfly!
            • Marc Fleury
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 1, 2001
                On 1 Jun 2001, at 21:52, Robert Cooper wrote:

                > > What issue are you referencing, re: back cover of Dave & Jeff--don't
                > > have internet access, but do have comicbooks! Thanks! Matt

                > Wait a minute. If you don't have internet access...

                Most people think that the world wide web *is* the internet.
                Presumably s/he meant s/he doesn't have web access.

                --
                Marc.
              • wwwinrinet@yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 1, 2001
                  A phrase just came into my mind: "Who could blame him?"

                • ctowner1@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 1, 2001
                    In a message dated Fri, 1 Jun 2001 10:15:12 AM Eastern Daylight Time, wwwinrinet@... writes:

                    << A phrase just came into my mind: "Who could blame him?"

                    --- In cerebus@y..., Andrew <Andrew@D...> wrote:
                    > Friday, June 01, 2001, 1:57:55 PM, darren wrote:
                    >
                    > dtc> The photo is on the back cover of Cerebus #185 (hmmm... one
                    before
                    > dtc> 186 coincidentally.)
                    >
                    > It's interesting. Back then I could easily imagine a happy Dave.
                    He
                    > had a great sense of humour, and if he could also produce terribly
                    > depressing work, then there was always an air of irreverence about
                    > them.
                    >
                    > Nowadays he seems remarkably grumpy and it's hard to imagine him
                    > giggling and relaxing.
                    >
                    > Andy D>>

                    I honestly belive we don't know thing 1 about what Dave is really like of what his private life is like. All we get are 2nd hand grousings in the fan press and interviews. Seems like most of the people who meet him up close (at signings, etc) think he's a nice guy - but even THAT is just him being public. Who knows what he's like in private? (and for that matter...who cares? and if you do, why on earth do you?)

                    L nny
                  • Morgan, Richard
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 1, 2001
                      From Anglian Water

                      > In a message dated Fri, 1 Jun 2001 10:15:12 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
                      > wwwinrinet@... writes:
                      >
                      > << A phrase just came into my mind: "Who could blame him?"
                      >

                      > --- In cerebus@y..., Andrew <Andrew@D...> wrote:
                      > > Friday, June 01, 2001, 1:57:55 PM, darren wrote:
                      > >
                      > > dtc> The photo is on the back cover of Cerebus #185 (hmmm... one
                      > before
                      > > dtc> 186 coincidentally.)
                      > >
                      > > It's interesting. Back then I could easily imagine a happy Dave.
                      > He
                      > > had a great sense of humour, and if he could also produce terribly
                      > > depressing work, then there was always an air of irreverence about
                      > > them.
                      > >
                      > > Nowadays he seems remarkably grumpy and it's hard to imagine him
                      > > giggling and relaxing.
                      > >
                      > > Andy D>>
                      >
                      > I honestly belive we don't know thing 1 about what Dave is really like of
                      > what his private life is like. All we get are 2nd hand grousings in the
                      > fan press and interviews. Seems like most of the people who meet him up
                      > close (at signings, etc) think he's a nice guy - but even THAT is just him
                      > being public. Who knows what he's like in private? (and for that
                      > matter...who cares? and if you do, why on earth do you?)

                      > L nny

                      Well, seems to me that when you've got a comic being basically done
                      by one person for such a length of time it's only natural that you're going
                      to start speculating on what he's really like...And let's face it, it's not
                      like he hasn't been giving people reason NOT to do that...
                      All the fun of the fair.

                      The information contained in this message is likely to be confidential
                      and may be legally privileged. The dissemination, distribution, copying
                      or disclosure of this message, or its contents, is strictly prohibited
                      unless authorised by Anglian Water. It is intended only for the person
                      named as addressee. If you have received this message in error, please
                      immediately return it to the sender at the above address.
                      Anglian Water does not authorise any contract to be made using the
                      Internet.