AV High Society

  • Dominick Grace
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 9, 2013
       I find it somewhat odd that there has been virtually no discussion of the digital High Society here. How many people actually got it? Is the general silence a function of the more than slightly painful process of acquiring it (75 separate downloads--25 files for the issues of the digital version, 25 files for the audio-video version, 25 MORE files for the editorial materials audio files), exacerbated by the long time frame over which it emerged? I finally finished downloading it all today (still in the process of copying it off my hard drive onto a flash drive--these are mothering big memory-eating files that would require something like 4 DVDs to take everything), and I have to say that the files look good, but I doubt, after all this, I'll be in any hurry either to try to open all these files and work through them or to go through a similar experience again, assuming the digitizing project continues.

      Dom
    • ctowner1
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 9, 2013
        Yah- the bother of downloading and putting it all together has delayed
        me. I've started a few times and its stalled several times and I
        quit. Plus I keep downloading the wrong files (low res vs, hi res).
        I'll get to it eventually (hopefully while its dtill available!).

        L nny

        --
        Sent from my mobile device
      • Matt Dow
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 9, 2013
          On Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 6:22 PM, Dominick Grace <dgrace2@...> wrote:

[...]

          Yeah, I'm finally finising up downloading the editorial sections.

          And I also finally got my tablet computer to read the issues on.

          Anybody try burning the Audio Visual ones to DVD yet?
          Matt Dow
          Canadian Tommy Lee Jones: "Alright, listen oop, people. Our fugitive has been on the run for ninety minutes, eh? Average foot speed over uneven ground barring injuries is, like, 6 kilometers-per-hour. That gives us a radius of nine kilometers, eh? What I want from each and every one of you is a hard-target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and doghouse in that area. Checkpoints go up at twenty-four kilometers, eh? Your fugitive's name is Jeff Seiler. Like, go get him, eh?

          "Mountie: "Shouldn't we be looking for that one armed fella he said really did it?"

          Canadian Tommy Lee Jones: "I don't know what your talkin' aboot."