Re: [cerebus] Re: OT: Dave Sim Petition Hijinx?

  • ctowner1
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 29, 2013
      I was curious, too! lol  Here's what I found:

      On Sat, May 6, 2006 at 3:14 AM, <ctowner1@...> wrote:
      As The Last Day is out May book-of-the-month, thought this might eleict some chuckles..here is my previously posted prediction for issue 300, written after issue 299 came out:

      MY 300

      Page 1 - Cerebus at the doorway with his sword calling to SS.

      Page 2 - SS laughing at Cerebus. "Old man, you look like a fool! Mother was always right about you - all flash and no substance. You deluded old- " The sky opens up - a bolt of lightning streaks through the heavens and strikes SS.

      Page 3 - Cerebus looks up - knowingly - happy for a second, then stares down at the charred and dying SS. (You can get what you want and still not be happy). He runs over to SS - holds him in his arms. "Look what they did to my boy!"

      Pages 4-5 - Then he gets a grip as he sees the overturned box, with the Abomination crawling out bawling. His distress turns to anger. He drops SS and runs over to Abomination and hacks it into little Abomination cutlets. He hears SS say "My God!" He turns back to SS.

      Page 6 - Cerebus grabs SS again. SS says "My God - you were right all along, I..." Cerebus cuts him off: "GO TO HELL!" "I shall, my great father, I shall."

      Page 7 - As SS dies, the sky opens up again - out stream locusts, blood, pestilence, hail, and the rest of the 10 plagues.

      Pages 8-14 - The destruction of Estarcion. Wave after wave of biblical destruction pours forth from the sky - we see all sorts of abomination being torn apart - the usual freaky looking mutated NJoanists and rabble. IT's ALL being destroyed. Everyone is dying. Scene cuts to the following people as they react to the destruction:

      Cirin, broken on a rack - acknowledging that it's all ending "We meet again...Dave....one last time..."

      Po, looking up from a chessboard - "The wheel turns once again" He returns to his chessboard.

      New Joanne, looking ashen and distressed "It can't be! This is not happening - it's an illusion - I feel that I cannot be harmed, I -" A giant boulder crushes her to fem-pancakes.

      Page 15 - 17 - Amazingly, all the matter raining from the skies is not touching Cerebus. A pillar of flame protects him - deflecting any debris, etc from touching him. As the wolrd around him dies, Cerebus looks up to the sky, tears streaming from his eye. He brings his hand to his face and touches his eye - and recalls a poke to his eye. He starts a stream of prayer - thanking God for all his bounty - for his life - bad and good. For teaching him of the evils of joining through the DVS Jaka, Joanne, and NJ (he DOES flash to a happy moment with Jaka - but the image is replaced with her taunting ring finger at Sand Hills creek and the image of himself on his knees mourning his father's lonely passing). For granting him the strength of mind to come up with a strategy to wipe out the Cirinists. For giving him the companionship of Bear, Marty, Mick, Keef, Ham, and Konnigsberg (who he recalls with a smile). For wiping out the Abomination of NJoanism and the hybrid. He hears.....

      Page 18 - ..... Something Fell. "It's time Cerebus." "Dave?" "They're all gone now Cerebus. It's just you and I." "NJoa-the bitch? SS? Cirin?" "All dead Cerebus. And in a few seconds, you'll be dead too. There's no one left to mourn you. Or to love you. Or to hate you. Or to harm you. Your time has come - this moment has been anticipated for years - for a creative lifetime. But that's over now. All things must pass.

      Page 18 - . . . and he rises - his soul - embodied in a neutrino - moves out into Space - with Dave as its guide.

      Page 19 - As they soar through space, Cerebus asks: "Is it really over?" Dave replies: "For you, yes, but a new time will come." Cut to the vast cloud of destruction that covered the earth in darkness. The cloud slowly pulls back to reveal a great light - we see the land has been restored. "Let there be light."

      Page 20 - In the smallest print EVER - smaller than anything we've seen in the Cerebexegesis. Dave tells us how the new world, our world continues the cycle. How Cerebus' hidden scroll was buried deep below the debris, which was below the new layer of earth. And how he encountered either the scroll or an image of that scroll - which came to him in a vision in 1979 and inspired him to do Cerebus to warn us all that the fate of Estarcion awaits us all. Unless. We take off the blinders. And we accept God. Amen.

      OK - here's my chain of logic/guesses with respect to my current theory of how Cerebus will end and what's in that damned box:

      1) The world will end in 300.  [WRONG]

      Textual support: Cerebus will turn or is 300 (on "this day" - i297), it'll be Jewish Year 0, and OUR world will begin. We learned previously through the Judge that the world gets wiped out every now and then. In particular, multiple civilizations have been wiped out in the past, including intelligent Redwood trees. The primary cause, apparently, is the giant flood that comes every 12,000 years (i107). It doesn't HAVE to be a flood though. For example, OUR civilization is wiped out when the US develops a weapon that causes disturbances in the sun and, ultimately, blows it up (i111). Also, the preface to the main part of LD states "In the end, everyone is dead." Estarcion is toast, its goose is cooked, it's sunk.

      2) The world ends when it becomes too evil.  [WRONG]

      Textual support: Dave is in tune with God (tm). God has wiped out civilizations when iniquity has risen (ex. Noah & the flood, Sodom & Gomorrah). Dave detailed both of these events in the Cerebexgesis.

      3) Estarcion is EVIL [Right..but so what?]

      Textual support: New Joannism is running rampant. It appears that the whole of it is run by corrupt sanctuaries whose agenda is made up of various components of the feminist/homosexualist/atheist axis which is Dave's Arch-Enemy (his Dr. Doom so to speak).

      4) Cerebus will NOT be killed by Shep-shep, he'll be the sole survivor of the universe at which point he'll die.  [kinda right, but mostly WRONG]

      Textual support: Cerebus will die "alone, unloved, unmourned." Shep-shep is in the room now. If he kills Cerebus, Cerebus won't be alone. Also, presumably someone out there still loves Cerebus as the leader of the Sanctuaries (in title, if not fact). The only way the Judge's prophesy can come true is if EVERYONE is dead except Cerebus - then he WILL tautologically die alone, unloved, unmourned. Also, clearly Dave loves Cerebus - he's going to resist giving him a crappy end (like being slain by his son). Much better, to destroy the evil world - and then Cerebus Ascends to God and/or Dave naturally - dies of old age (heart attack?). i289/290 tells us that the good, alone, will join god in the end. Cerebus is good - at least in God's eyes. He's repented - he prays all the time - he leads a hermit-like life. Basically, he's Dave. Assuming Dave, the former sinner (drugs, fornication, etc.), thinks of himself as good, Cerebus, the former sinner (booze, fornication, babytossing), is seen as good. He'll join God as per the i289/290 promise.

      One alternate theory: Cerebus' signing of the paper might be analagous to Moses disobeying God (although was it God or Yoowhoo that Moses disobeyed?). That could justify Cerebus NOT joining God - the promised land. Or it might simply justify Cerebus dying (of old age).

      5) Genetic experimentation and abuse of science has run amok in Estarcion. (ahh..getting interesting here, eh? ;^) [Probably true..but not in i300]

      Textual support: The Sanctuaries include specific houses dedicated to Genetics, Astronomy, Science, Pediatrics (i295). Androgynes, tribades (what IS that exactly? 3 sexs??), sexual inverts, transgendered, dualgendered, and multigendered people now exist in Estarcion (i296). People now LOOK like freaks (i296). (As a sidebar, the Upper Feldans are into interior design - a clue about designer genes??). Science is clearly being abused by the feminist/homosexual/atheist axis. This is another peice of the "Estarcion is evil" puzzle. It ALSO reflects parody of OUR society where science can ALSO be seen as running amok. Dave's picture of a genetically altered society is NOT very far away form our own. In destroying THIS society, he's sending a message to OUR society - and it's not even a whacky message. A fitting way to end the Cerebus novel.

      6) There is a genetically altered creature in the box which will destroy (or is destroying) Estarcion. (ta da! :^)  [WRONG]

      Textual support: Genetics is amok. One way in which the world was ALMOST wiped out was by disease carrying rats - the bubonic plague. Dave sees SARS (and AIDS too, I think?) as God inflicting plague on the world to remind it that it's doing evil (i293). Dave's in a disease mindset. Dave's in a God mindset. The creature in the box is making scratching noises (so it's not a virus in the box!). My best guess: there's a genetically altered rat which is infected WITH a virus in the box. It's one of many that have been running rampant even as we speak. (It may have wiped out all the soldiers that we no longer see guarding the Sanctuary. It may have thinned out the crowd in front of the Sanctuary down to the last 2 dying people in front of the gate - just guesses here). Shep Shep is showing Cerebus the mechanism by which Estarcion is being wiped out. He may even be the CAUSE of the genetic plague - he may be playing the role of Tool of God in wiping out the evil. Remember - he has certain Dave-like attributes - most prominently he's the same age as Dave - and, if you look at his face, I think he kinda resembles Dave (the way Dave draws Dave)! He's Dave's echo for reaping the righteous anger of God.

      Alternate theory: If Shep-Shep is NOT a "good guy" in the sense of a Dave avatar, then he's just an evil New Joannist and part of the problem. If this is true, then I suspect we'll get an echo of the "Go To Hell" that we saw with the death of Pope Harmony, The Lion of Serrea, and Rick's departure. Under this scenario, Cerebus might well be killed by Shep-Shep - and upon his death see the light of God and God's plan - much like Weisshaupt did at the end. Having Shep-Shep kill Cerbeus ALSO has a nice boblical measure-for-measure aspect to it: Cerebus failed his father at the end, now he'll be killed by his son who has failed him. I think this is a much lower probability theory - especially because it violates Cerebus dying "alone."

      L nny

      On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 11:26 AM, John L <cerebus87@...> wrote:

      I don't remember that one. Can you refresh my poor tired memory?

      John L

      On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 6:02 PM, <ctowner1@...> wrote:

      wow.  can't believe you even remember that, let alone feel that way! lol!

      L nny

      On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 5:58 PM, Marcus Montgomery <selfstarter@...> wrote:

      i think i would hate you if you hadn't come up with that awesome ending for cerebus that was much better than what dave came up with.

      marco

      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 29, 2013
        Nice last issue ! That would have made a great story. I would really like to see what Dave would do with the visuals. The biblical destruction of Estarcion. We should do a kickstarter campaign to fund this.

        Dave

        --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, ctowner1@... wrote:

> [...]
        > > saw with the death of Pope Harmony, The Lion of Serrea, and Rick's
        > > departure. Under this scenario, Cerebus might well be killed by Shep-Shep -
        > > and upon his death see the light of God and God's plan - much like
        > > Weisshaupt did at the end. Having Shep-Shep kill Cerbeus ALSO has a nice
        > > boblical measure-for-measure aspect to it: Cerebus failed his father at the
        > > end, now he'll be killed by his son who has failed him. I think this is a
        > > much lower probability theory - especially because it violates Cerebus
        > > dying "alone."

        > > L nny
        > >

        > On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 11:26 AM, John L wrote:
        >

        > > I don't remember that one. Can you refresh my poor tired memory?
        > >
        > > John L
        > >

        > > On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 6:02 PM, wrote:
        > >

        > >> wow. can't believe you even remember that, let alone feel that way! lol!

      • ctowner1
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 29, 2013
          Genius!!! If only....!

          On 1/29/13, dave <philpottcastle@...> wrote:
> [...]
          >> > we
          >> > saw with the death of Pope Harmony, The Lion of Serrea, and Rick's
          >> > departure. Under this scenario, Cerebus might well be killed by
          >> > Shep-Shep -
          >> > and upon his death see the light of God and God's plan - much like
          >> > Weisshaupt did at the end. Having Shep-Shep kill Cerbeus ALSO has a
          >> > nice
          >> > boblical measure-for-measure aspect to it: Cerebus failed his father at
          >> > the
          >> > end, now he'll be killed by his son who has failed him. I think this is
          >> > much lower probability theory - especially because it violates Cerebus
          >> > dying "alone."

          >> > L nny
          >> >

          >> On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 11:26 AM, John L wrote:
          >>

          >> > I don't remember that one. Can you refresh my poor tired memory?

          Sent from my mobile device
        • Marcus Montgomery
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 29, 2013
            i would seriously contribute to that, and i have money now.

            marco

            redshift - "bombers in the desert"

> [...]
            >> > we
            >> > saw with the death of Pope Harmony, The Lion of Serrea, and Rick's
            >> > departure. Under this scenario, Cerebus might well be killed by
            >> > Shep-Shep -
            >> > and upon his death see the light of God and God's plan - much like
            >> > Weisshaupt did at the end. Having Shep-Shep kill Cerbeus ALSO has a
            >> > nice
            >> > boblical measure-for-measure aspect to it: Cerebus failed his father at
            >> > the
            >> > end, now he'll be killed by his son who has failed him. I think this is
            >> > much lower probability theory - especially because it violates Cerebus
            >> > dying "alone."

            >> > L nny
            >> >

            >> On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 11:26 AM, John L wrote:
            >>

            >> > I don't remember that one. Can you refresh my poor tired memory?

            Sent from my mobile device

          • Marcus Montgomery
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 29, 2013
              ah yes, a lord byron-esque "why, you mean this sonnet? 'tis but a trifle that came to me in an instant." seriously, lenny. if eye rolls from central america could kill.

              marco

              (still redshift, bombers in the desert)