Re: [cerebus] Re: OT - Best Comic Stores In Around Boston

  • Margaret
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1, 2012
      On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 10:45 AM, quwanjew <quwanjew@...> wrote:

      Hey Guys,

      The trip changed a little and we ended up only hitting up That's Entertainment in Worcester.  I liked the store, because of how old it was.  That meant that they had shit lying around for twenty years, just waiting for me to pick it up.  Found at least a few Sim items I'd never heard of before.

      Thanks again for the recommendations!

      +Nate+

      Sim items you've never heard of before? Oh, do not leave us hanging +Nate+! Please tell use what goodies you found.

      --
      Take care,
      Margaret
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 7, 2012
        --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, Margaret <cerebusfangirl@...> wrote:

        > On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 10:45 AM, quwanjew <quwanjew@...> wrote:
        >

        > > Hey Guys,
        > >
        > > The trip changed a little and we ended up only hitting up That's
        > > Entertainment in Worcester. I liked the store, because of how old it was.
        > > That meant that they had shit lying around for twenty years, just waiting
        > > for me to pick it up. Found at least a few Sim items I'd never heard of
        > > before.
        > >
        > > Thanks again for the recommendations!
        > >
        > > +Nate+
        > >

        > Sim items you've never heard of before? Oh, do not leave us hanging +Nate+!
        > Please tell use what goodies you found.
        >
        > --
        > Take care,
        > Margaret
        > http://www.cerebusfangirl.com

        Well,

        It wasn't much, but it was some cool finds. First, I've got two pamphlets from the museum for you and Jeff. No mention of Sim, but they mention the exhibit. At the store I found stashed in a box of mini-comics a bag with a few cool looking zines called plaNETLar. It's by Larry Young, the guy who did Astronauts in Trouble. It was $4.99 and I was on the fence, then I saw that issue 15 had a Cerebus 202 review, issue 37 had a Cerebus 219 review, and issue 36 has a fold out alphabet poster and G is for Gerhard! That was it. I also found two more books of that Fandom directory for 50 cents and one for 1.99 so I bought them but haven't gone through them page by page to see if there is any Sim content, but I did notice a Laird pin-up so all is not lost.

        On an unrelated not, I looked Dave up in the Comic Book Database and a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle title came up from the 1990s!? Turns out it was a color reprint by issue in German in a larger format (closer to the First graphic novel size). I couldn't find one on eBay, but I told me German intern about it, and once she went back to Germany she found one for me and sent it! I guess I forgot to mention that it is a German reprint of TMNT #8.

        Best,

        +Nate+
      • Margaret
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 8, 2012
          On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 4:02 PM, quwanjew <quwanjew@...> wrote:

          Well,

          It wasn't much, but it was some cool finds.  First, I've got two pamphlets from the museum for you and Jeff.  No mention of Sim, but they mention the exhibit.  At the store I found stashed in a box of mini-comics a bag with a few cool looking zines called plaNETLar.  It's by Larry Young, the guy who did Astronauts in Trouble.  It was $4.99 and I was on the fence, then I saw that issue 15 had a Cerebus 202 review, issue 37 had a Cerebus 219 review, and issue 36 has a fold out alphabet poster and G is for Gerhard!  That was it.  I also found two more books of that Fandom directory for 50 cents and one for 1.99 so I bought them but haven't gone through them page by page to see if there is any Sim content, but I did notice a Laird pin-up so all is not lost.

          Cool. Always great to find previously unknown Cerebus, Sim and Gerhard content. Now to add them to my list to track down, so I at once thank you and curse you. ;P

          On an unrelated not, I looked Dave up in the Comic Book Database and a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle title came up from the 1990s!?  Turns out it was a color reprint by issue in German in a larger format (closer to the First graphic novel size).  I couldn't find one on eBay, but I told me German intern about it, and once she went back to Germany she found one for me and sent it!  I guess I forgot to mention that it is a German reprint of TMNT #8.

          Best,

          +Nate+

          Nice!