Dave and Ger : Ger Speaks!

  • Ryan Dunne
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 27, 2009
      Hey, changed the subject line for the benefit of those who don't read
      every message.

      --
      ryan

      "Give thanks to God for His glorious Vestments (and His mercy endureth forever)"
    • Chris W
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 29, 2009
        > Hey, changed the subject line for
        > the benefit of those who don't read
        > every message.
        >
        > 2009/8/27 aard_van <aard_van@...>:
        > >

        > > Okay, I am getting tired of Dave's drama queen antics
        > on this one.
        > >
        > > When I left the company, there was enough money there
        > to pay my meager
        > > settlement in one lump sum. But I didn't want to put a
        > huge financial burden
        > > on Dave and told him he could spread the payments over
        > five years.
        > > He agreed. Without reservation. He thought it was a
        > good deal. He told the
        > > accountant as much.
        > > Considering that I had to walk away from all of the
        > artwork (yes, I have
        > > "jurisdiction" over half of the pages but any of those
        > that I sell, I have
        > > to give Dave half of the money and he has no intention
        > of selling his pages,
        > > so I don't see ANY money from those and nobody wants
        > to buy Cerebus artwork
        > > anymore at the prices that Dave expects)I'd say he got
        > a REALLY good deal.
        > >
        > > If he's doing all of these projects just to pay me
        > off, it's because he
        > > doesn't want to use the money that was already there
        > and wants to pay me off
        > > with money that is generated ONLY by the new
        > projects.
        > >
        > > So unless the sales on the reprint books have
        > completely disappeared and/or
        > > he's mismanaged things so badly in the short period
        > since I've been gone...
        > >
        > > I can't even finish the sentence. And I'll probably
        > regret posting this,
        > > but...
        > >
        > > ...fuck.
        > >
        > > I told him before I left that he was driving the
        > company into the ground...
        > > and now he's gonna blame it on me.
        > >
        > > Really, really tired of this.
        > >
        > > Goodbye.
        > >
        > > -Gerhard the Schmuck

        ====== At a guess (just a guess, no insider knowledge), Dave probably does want to pay Gerhard out of new money. Without selling artwork, without cleaning out the bank account. Sure, he could pay Gerhard off immediately (and Ger would pay more in taxes), but then what? That money and/or art is gone, and how does Dave replace it? Can't conjure up more pages from the series -- short of drawing the things again and again -- and with "gp"/"CA" sales as they are, it solves Ger's problem, but Dave might live another twenty or thirty years, or even more.

        I have wondered if "CA" was released in the sort of expanding-titles-to-bring-in-more-money way that Dave has pointed out about Marvel and DC, and that he and Deni did back in the day.

        *Meat Loaf, "I'm Gonna Love Her For Both Of Us"*