K'cor, two thoughts

  • Chris W
    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 1, 2009
      1: Dave said during one of the Q&As (I think "C&S") that he realized he had been creating characters who chose to isolate themselves from the world, a la Seunteus Po and Lord Storms'end. However, that isn't all that different from other characters of his, the Judge and K'Cor, who live in places that are, well, gray, empty, and they talk of nothing but the goddess the whole time. Jus' sayin...

      2: Wouldn't K'cor have exterminated the inhabitants of Imesh by his actions? He drove them all out of the city, and he had long since poisoned all the wells around the area. How would they even last long enough to overcome their addiction to buz, much less survive beyond that? Po mentions that the monument K'cor had been building was of vital significance on many chessboards, so what would be the effect of such mass murder which, so far as we know, dwarfs any similar actions taken by the Cirinists.

      3: While I have you here, it's interesting to note that Po is demonstrating similar characteristics to the Judge even as he (Po) criticizes the Judge's description of his life. He passes over the raising of his army as "accurate" without any seeming acknowledgement of just what horrific means he used to get that army.
    • ctowner1@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 21 , Apr 1, 2009
        On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 5:52 PM, Margaret <cerebusfangirl@...> wrote:

        On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 4:31 PM, John L <cerebus87@...> wrote:
        Hey, the wife is upset because she's not considered hot by people here, so she asked me to post a pic to remind everybody how hot she is.

        Top that!

        John L

        d00d. Tell her to wear her Cincy Bengals PJs, that will illicit meowwwws all around! hawtness:

        (Taken at SPACE 2007)

        --
        Take care,
        Margaret>>

        Oh yeah!  Nudging up my knee against Boe's Tigger pajamaed leg!  Good times, my friends.  Good times! ;^P

        L nny
        Message 3 of 21 , Apr 1, 2009
          --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, John L <cerebus87@...> wrote:

          > Hey, the wife is upset because she's
          > not considered hot by people here, so
          > she asked me to post a pic to remind everybody how hot she is.

          She's not what now?

          What made her think that? Is there a part of "I hope your team wins, lady!" that she didn't understand?

          - Larry Hart
        • Rick S
          Message 4 of 21 , Apr 1, 2009
            --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, Ryan Dunne <cerebusboy@...> wrote:

            > 2009/3/31 Rick S <rlsharer@...>:
            > > --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, John L <cerebus87@> wrote:
            > >>
            > >> Hey, the wife is upset because she's not considered hot by people here, so
            > >> she asked me to post a pic to remind everybody how hot she is.
            > >> [image: pic147 by you.]
            > >>
            > >> Top that!
            > >
            > > What the frak?!?
            > >
            > > You're married to Ryan?!?
            > >
            > > TTM
            > > I don't get it
            > >

            > I never looked like that. Those pics of you at that party in the
            > 70s on the other hand...
            > ;-)

            Are you saying that Boe has a beard?!?

            You're just too cruel, son.

            TTM
            or is it wishful thinking?
          • rainmandu2
            Message 5 of 21 , Apr 1, 2009
              --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, ctowner1@... wrote:

              > > d00d. Tell her to wear her Cincy Bengals PJs, that will illicit meowwwws
              > > all around! hawtness:
              > >
              > > [image: Jeff T posts by you.]
              > > http://www.flickr.com/photos/cerebusfangirl/470057867/in/set-72157600114269632/<http://www.flickr.com/photos/cerebusfangirl/470057867/in/set-72157600114269632/>
              > > (Taken at SPACE 2007)
              > >
              > > --
              > > Take care,
              > > Margaret>>

              Caption: "Hard Times Hit Cereal Icons: Tony the Tiger and Snap, Crackle, and Pop Search craigslist for Job Opportunities. Says Tony: 'It Sssssucks!' "

              Rainmandu
            • Chris W
              Message 6 of 21 , Apr 1, 2009

                ===== "You know what I got for Christmas? It was a banner freakin' year at the Tiger household. I got a carton of cigarettes. Old man grabbed me, said 'hey, smoke up, Tony. They're grrrrrrreat!' Bastard."
                Message 7 of 21 , Apr 3, 2009
                  --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, Chris W <show_me68508@...> wrote:

                  > 1: Dave said during one of the Q&As (I think "C&S") that he realized he had been creating characters who chose to isolate themselves from the world, a la Seunteus Po and Lord Storms'end. However, that isn't all that different from other characters of his, the Judge and K'Cor, who live in places that are, well, gray, empty, and they talk of nothing but the goddess the whole time. Jus' sayin...

                  - Too true. The Judge is odd man out, however. He's not a man, more of a supernatural entity.

                  > 2: Wouldn't K'cor have exterminated the inhabitants of Imesh by his actions? He drove them all out of the city, and he had long since poisoned all the wells around the area. How would they even last long enough to overcome their addiction to buz, much less survive beyond that?

                  - K'Cor did end up alone eventually, didn't he? Just him and is illusions, and a partially constructed tribute to the Venutians.

                  > Po mentions that the monument K'cor had been building was of vital significance on many chessboards, so what would be the effect of such mass murder which, so far as we know, dwarfs any similar actions taken by the Cirinists.

                  - Significant moments in history are usually accompanied by great bloodshed.

                  > 3: While I have you here, it's interesting to note that Po is demonstrating similar characteristics to the Judge even as he (Po) criticizes the Judge's description of his life. He passes over the raising of his army as "accurate" without any seeming acknowledgement of just what horrific means he used to get that army.

                  - To what end? Po is very stoic for the most part. The Judge said something accurate, Po agreed.

                  -Jeff
                • Chris W
                  Message 8 of 21 , Apr 3, 2009
                    > > 3: While I have you here, it's interesting to
                    > note that Po is demonstrating similar characteristics to the
                    > Judge even as he (Po) criticizes the Judge's description
                    > of his life. He passes over the raising of his army as
                    > "accurate" without any seeming acknowledgement of
                    > just what horrific means he used to get that army.
                    > >

                    > - To what end? Po is very stoic for the most part. The
                    > Judge said something accurate, Po agreed.
                    >
                    > -Jeff

                    ===== I don't know to what end, but amidst Po's description of the bastion of freedom that was the Sepran Empire, and the noble ideals with which he planned to renew that freedom in Estarcion, he just throws in that bland "his description of how I trained and equipped my army was accurate" and I thought it stood out as being different in tone. I may be getting a little punchy after being up all night (and earning 2 1/2 promotion points), but the analogy coming to mind is if we described Ted Kennedy as a young lion of an aristocratic political dynasty, talked about his long record of service to the people of Massachusetts in the United States Senate, he killed Mary Jo Kopechne in a drunken car accident, and the way he shepherded many bills into law and chaired many vital committees for the benefit of his constituents and fellow citizens alike. One of those phrases kinda sticks out like sore thumb. That's basically what I'm getting at with Po's
                    admission of starving and tormenting thousands of young boys (and the Pigts) in the middle of his high-flown idealism.
                  • rainmandu2
                    Message 9 of 21 , Apr 3, 2009
                      --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Tundis" <jctundis@...> wrote:

                      > --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, Chris W <show_me68508@> wrote:
                      > >

                      > > 1: Dave said during one of the Q&As (I think "C&S") that he realized he had been creating characters who chose to isolate themselves from the world, a la Seunteus Po and Lord Storms'end. However, that isn't all that different from other characters of his, the Judge and K'Cor, who live in places that are, well, gray, empty, and they talk of nothing but the goddess the whole time. Jus' sayin...
                      > >

                      > - Too true. The Judge is odd man out, however. He's not a man, more of a supernatural entity.
                      >
                      > > 2: Wouldn't K'cor have exterminated the inhabitants of Imesh by his actions? He drove them all out of the city, and he had long since poisoned all the wells around the area. How would they even last long enough to overcome their addiction to buz, much less survive beyond that?
                      >
                      > - K'Cor did end up alone eventually, didn't he? Just him and is illusions, and a partially constructed tribute to the Venutians.

                      > -Jeff

                      K'cor is a rock, man. He is an island. Or a D'nalsi. Get it? Get it?

                      Rainmandu
                      Message 10 of 21 , Apr 4, 2009
                        --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, Chris W <show_me68508@...> wrote:

                        > > > 3: While I have you here, it's interesting to
                        > > note that Po is demonstrating similar characteristics to the
                        > > Judge even as he (Po) criticizes the Judge's description
                        > > of his life. He passes over the raising of his army as
                        > > "accurate" without any seeming acknowledgement of
                        > > just what horrific means he used to get that army.
                        > > >

                        > > - To what end? Po is very stoic for the most part. The
                        > > Judge said something accurate, Po agreed.
                        > >
                        > > -Jeff
                        >
                        > ===== I don't know to what end, but amidst Po's description of the bastion of freedom that was the Sepran Empire, and the noble ideals with which he planned to renew that freedom in Estarcion, he just throws in that bland "his description of how I trained and equipped my army was accurate" and I thought it stood out as being different in tone.

                        - Perhaps. To me, it's him accepting the judgement of those listening without debate. "Judge me on the totality of my actions. This is one of them. I offer no rebuttal."

                        I may be getting a little punchy after being up all night (and earning 2 1/2 promotion points), but the analogy coming to mind is if we described Ted Kennedy as a young lion of an aristocratic political dynasty, talked about his long record of service to the people of Massachusetts in the United States Senate, he killed Mary Jo Kopechne in a drunken car accident, and the way he shepherded many bills into law and chaired many vital committees for the benefit of his constituents and fellow citizens alike. One of those phrases kinda sticks out like sore thumb.

                        - Sure. And just one more reason to slam a fat, drunken liberal who you don't like.

                        - Like when I mention that Laura Bush was the former first lady of the United States, fought for literacy by establishing the annual National Book Festival in 2001, advanced women's causes through The Heart Truth and Susan G. Komen for the Cure, and killed her ex-boyfriend Michael Douglas in a car accident where the facts were covered up by the police.

                        "One of those phrases kinda sticks out like sore thumb."

                        > That's basically what I'm getting at with Po's
                        > admission of starving and tormenting thousands of young boys (and the Pigts) in the middle of his high-flown idealism.

                        - I understand. But we have a romantic ideal attached to ancient Sparta, and look what they did.

                        Message 11 of 21 , Apr 4, 2009
                          --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, "rainmandu2" <rainmandu@...> wrote:

                          > --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Tundis" <jctundis@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, Chris W <show_me68508@> wrote:
                          > > >

                          > > > 1: Dave said during one of the Q&As (I think "C&S") that he realized he had been creating characters who chose to isolate themselves from the world, a la Seunteus Po and Lord Storms'end. However, that isn't all that different from other characters of his, the Judge and K'Cor, who live in places that are, well, gray, empty, and they talk of nothing but the goddess the whole time. Jus' sayin...
                          > > >

                          > > - Too true. The Judge is odd man out, however. He's not a man, more of a supernatural entity.
                          > >
                          > > > 2: Wouldn't K'cor have exterminated the inhabitants of Imesh by his actions? He drove them all out of the city, and he had long since poisoned all the wells around the area. How would they even last long enough to overcome their addiction to buz, much less survive beyond that?
                          > >
                          > > - K'Cor did end up alone eventually, didn't he? Just him and is illusions, and a partially constructed tribute to the Venutians.
                          >
                          > > -Jeff
                          >
                          > K'cor is a rock, man. He is an island. Or a D'nalsi. Get it? Get it?
                          >
                          > Rainmandu

                          <groan> We get it, N'iar.

                          Actually, that's a great name for when I someday start playing Age Of Conan; Ud'Nam N'Iar, unstoppable Gaelic warrior!

                          - F'fej (the underling)
                        • Chris W
                          Message 12 of 21 , Apr 5, 2009

                            ===== Yeah, damn that long record of service. Fucking vital bills and committees that benefit not only his constituents, but his fellow citizens. Way to overreact there. I say good things about Ted Kennedy that are completely in line with our nation's ideals in just the same way Seunteus Po talked about his high-fallutin' notions and stuck one line in the middle without embellishment or judgement and, well, there you go again. I'd been up all night, what's your excuse?

                            ===== If that's the way you're going to be, I'll just keep my on-topic thoughts to myself.

                            ====== Don't look at me, I have nothing to say on the topic. What with Sparta's treatment of Athens, I wouldn't want to be accused of bashing liberals I don't like or anything.
                            Message 13 of 21 , Apr 5, 2009
                              --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, Chris W <show_me68508@...> wrote:

                              > > - Sure. And just one more reason to slam a fat, drunken
                              > > liberal who you don't like.
                              >
                              > ===== Yeah, damn that long record of service. Fucking vital bills and committees that benefit not only his constituents, but his fellow citizens. Way to overreact there. I say good things about Ted Kennedy that are completely in line with our nation's ideals in just the same way Seunteus Po talked about his high-fallutin' notions and stuck one line in the middle without embellishment or judgement and, well, there you go again. I'd been up all night, what's your excuse?

                              - The same. Been up all night. Maybe two:)

                              > ===== If that's the way you're going to be, I'll just keep my on-topic thoughts to myself.

                              - Please no. I'll try to remember the winkie next time!

                              > ====== Don't look at me, I have nothing to say on the topic. What with Sparta's treatment of Athens, I wouldn't want to be accused of bashing liberals I don't like or anything.

                              - LOL!