Re: Now OT: Was: META [cerebus] FC...

  • Margaret
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 12, 2008

      On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 7:16 AM, Ryan Dunne <cerebusboy@...> wrote:

      Yo, Margaret! Did you know that Neve Campbell shares a birthday with
      Gore Vidal?

      No, I didn't.

      Cool, huh?

      I guess so.

      Thought we didn't worry about the META thread police stuff these days - the META New Cerebus had all sorts of
      bollocks in it, as did this most recent one.

      We should aways keep META threads on topic for what is the point of a meta tag if the thread drift is going on? Same with Off Topic tags.

      Where do you stand on the Following Cerebus Yahoo edition anyway?

      I say we just do our own fanzine. That way we don't have to burden Craig with all the work - I rather have him working on an issue of FC then our stuff. A fanzine could be the typical 8.5" x 11" paper folded in half, something that could be easily done in MS Word and then printed out by any printer, just like the Cerebus Fan Club newsletter was done. Even put online in PDF or just HMTL format. Have an open call of submissions, artwork, essays, whatnot. If people want to include a group submission, say a "thread" or a group roundtable type thing, they can keep it on this list and just include a statement that if you respond to that thread it could be included for publication in the fanzine.

      --
      Take care,
      Margaret
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 12, 2008
        --- On Sun, 10/12/08, Ryan Dunne <cerebusboy@...> wrote:

        > Yo, Margaret! Did you know that Neve Campbell shares a
        > birthday with
        > Gore Vidal? Cool, huh? Thought we didn't worry about
        > the META thread
        > police stuff these days -

        We always respect the META thread. And keeping the subject line relevant to the discussion (or vice versa) is just good netiquette.

        Other than that, Craig asked a very important question....we've spent an insane amount of posts talking about this possible project, yet there has not been any confirmation from the other Craig that it will even be published. First things first.

        TTM
      • Ryan Dunne
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 12, 2008
          2008/10/12 Rick Sharer <rlsharer@...>:

          > --- On Sun, 10/12/08, Ryan Dunne <cerebusboy@...> wrote:
          >
          >> Yo, Margaret! Did you know that Neve Campbell shares a
          >> birthday with
          >> Gore Vidal? Cool, huh? Thought we didn't worry about
          >> the META thread
          >> police stuff these days -
          >
          > We always respect the META thread. And keeping the subject line relevant to
          > the discussion (or vice versa) is just good netiquette.
          >
          > Other than that, Craig asked a very important question....we've spent an
          > insane amount of posts talking about this possible project, yet there has
          > not been any confirmation from the other Craig that it will even be
          > published. First things first.
          >
          > TTM

          Well, how do you contact this other craig guy? Is there a petition you
          need to sign or something?
          ;-)

          --
          Ryan
        • Matt Dow
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 12, 2008

            On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 4:44 PM, Ryan Dunne <cerebusboy@...> wrote:
            2008/10/12 Rick Sharer <rlsharer@...>:

            > --- On Sun, 10/12/08, Ryan Dunne <cerebusboy@...> wrote:
            >
            >> Yo, Margaret! Did you know that Neve Campbell shares a
            >> birthday with
            >> Gore Vidal? Cool, huh? Thought we didn't worry about
            >> the META thread
            >> police stuff these days -
            >
            > We always respect the META thread. And keeping the subject line relevant to
            > the discussion (or vice versa) is just good netiquette.
            >
            > Other than that, Craig asked a very important question....we've spent an
            > insane amount of posts talking about this possible project, yet there has
            > not been any confirmation from the other Craig that it will even be
            > published. First things first.
            >
            > TTM

            Well, how do you contact this other craig guy? Is there a petition you
            need to sign or something?

            --
            Ryan

            Presuming that one has any issue of "Following Cerebus", then all you need to do is look there for the contact information.

            MD
          • John L
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 12, 2008
              On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 1:08 AM, Matt Dow <mouseskull@...> wrote:

              > On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 4:44 PM, Ryan Dunne <cerebusboy@...> wrote:

              >> Well, how do you contact this other craig guy? Is there a petition you
              >> need to sign or something?
              >>
              >> --
              >> Ryan
              >>

              > Presuming that one has any issue of "Following Cerebus", then all you need
              > to do is look there for the contact information.
              >
              > MD

              But Matt, when you presume you make an... you... ah, fuck it. You win again.

              John L
            • Matt Dow
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 13, 2008