Re: [cerebus] Re: OT: Little Known Facts About Sarah Palin

  • craigjohnsonesq@aol.com
    Message 1 of 75 , Sep 1, 2008
      Maybe he'll only have four years, but that would give her four years of essential experience, all the better to take over the reins.  Even if McCain only lasts two years, say, that's still two years experience at the highest level.  Whereas Obama would get in with zero experience at that level, which is why I don't think you can equate their inexperience....

      In a message dated 01/09/2008 01:31:34 GMT Standard Time, larrytheillini@... writes:
      > Er, surely the difference is that if the Democrats get in,
      > there will be
      > inexperience at Commander in Chief, but if the Republicans
      > get in, there will
      > only be inexperience at CinC if McCain bites the big one?
      > To me this is a
      > massive difference, how many veeps have had to take over
      > (other on on The West
      > Wing, god bless Jed Bartlett) in the last thirty years, for example?

      True, but McCain is old, has cancer, and acts like an Alzheimer's
      patient. It's hard to pretend his Veep is nowhere near the Oval Office.

      Craig R. Johnson, Editor-in-Chief
      www.comicsvillage.com
    • Ryan Dunne
      Message 75 of 75 , Sep 2, 2008
        2008/9/3 Chris W <show_me68508@...>:
        > --- On Tue, 9/2/08, rainmandu2 <rainmandu@...> wrote:
        >> > ==== "The sun doesn't rise until Chuck
        >> Norris says so, but first he asks Sarah Palin if
        >> that's ok." That's funny, but it's
        >> meaningless.
        >>
        >> Rainmandu says:
        >> That's funny to you? No wonder people say conservatives
        >> have no sense of humor.
        >
        > ==== How does laughing at something display no sense of humor? One would
        > think laughter is the single best proof of humor.

        Hey, get this : I know somebody at Church (old now, say sixties up)
        who lived for years in Alaska when young and who knew Palin! Cool, eh?
        Apparently Palin was "intelligent and wise" but, as I say, I know this
        person through church, so that will hardly reassure liberal
        intellectuals of Palin's general credentials.

        --
        Ryan