This and that.

  • nachimir@subdimension.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2001
      hal said:
      > The more spouting the better, I say!

      Yay! As promised, my "really big Cerebus spout" is ready for
      February. I've just not got round to FTPing it yet.

      > I feel much the same way you do here. So, whenever I differ with
      > what appears to be Dave's "God concept", I just think "all stories
      > are true" and enjoy the read. It's much easier and if more people
      > would approach Cerebus in this manner, we'd have less of those "I
      > dunno about Cerebus. Dave Sim is a misogynist, blah, blah, blah"
      > Usenet posts.

      Absoutely. So many people seem to approach things in a judgemental
      way (Presumably thinking themselves to be "Right", what with having
      Universal Judgement and all that); rather than seeing it as faceted,
      it "is" or "isn't" "wrong".

      > From FEATURE #4:

      > Sim: Who am I? Obviously that's impossible to put down on paper
      > even in a lengthy interview like this. A monotheist first. A
      > believer in the God of Judaism, Christianity and the Moslem faith.
      > A man. The guy who does Cerebus. A Canadian. That would about sum
      > it up in order of descending importance to me.

      Thanks, you squirrel you.

      How strange, in individualist worldview that doesn't seem to be
      dependent on any organisation. I noticed something in Reads for the
      first time the other day:

      Pages 71 & 77. "DVS" Hmm...

      And John L said:
      > Anna where's he gonna runna too with alla the snow?

      Cerebus isn't a stranger to snow shoes. Maybe we'll get
      another "Huffa huffa huffa" issue, with slightly more tension.
      Someone say pickle? I'm hungry.

      --
      Nachimir.
    • John L
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2001
        Nachimir sez:

        > Cerebus isn't a stranger to snow shoes. Maybe we'll get
        > another "Huffa huffa huffa" issue, with slightly more tension.
        > Someone say pickle? I'm hungry.
        >
        > --
        > Nachimir.

        You ever try runnin' inna the snowshoe? It'sa gonna be some big fun tryin-a
        run anna pullin Jaka behin' 'im alla the way. Anna also, I prefer-a the
        dill, no like-a the sweet. Atsa some joke, huh boss?
      • Okun, Mitch
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2001
          * You ever try runnin' inna the snowshoe? It'sa gonna be some big fun
          tryin-a
          * run anna pullin Jaka behin' 'im alla the way. Anna also, I prefer-a
          the
          * dill, no like-a the sweet. Atsa some joke, huh boss?

          Well, if you don't like the suite, we'll give you the teeny broom closet. I
          wouldn't dare insult you by not still CHARGING you for a suite though.

          That's a ... something all right. Don't know if i'd call it a joke. I
          certainly wouldn't call the prices you're about to pay for a broom closet a
          joke.

          - Mitch
        • John L
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 1, 2001
            > That's a ... something all right. Don't know if i'd call it a joke. I
            > certainly wouldn't call the prices you're about to pay for a broom closet
            > joke.
            >
            > - Mitch

            Ok ya got me. Ther's no real joke there! It just happens to be my favorite
            Chico, er, Duke Leonardi saying. So what does our little gray friend do,
            anyway? I still vote for action of the sword-weilding variety. He might
            not have his, but I'm sure he can get ahold of one. I don't know about the
            rest of you, but I can hardly wait for 263?
          • nachimir@subdimension.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 3, 2001
              John L:
              > So what does our little gray friend do, anyway? I still vote for
              > action of the sword-weilding variety. He might not have his, but
              > I'm sure he can get ahold of one. I don't know about the rest of
              > you, but I can hardly wait for 263?

              What puzzles me most:
              We know there are communication networks in place (Church and State
              II, 988, 998 - not to mention Psi) so why can't the Cirinists get
              hold of an airship? It'd be much quicker. Or are Jaka and Cerebus no
              longer important enough to merit such attentions, and falling under a
              merely personal vendetta?

              Still, airships and swords, the words "Buckle" and "Swash" spring to
              mind.

              --
              Nachimir.