Dave Sim's blogandmail #468 (December 23rd, 2007)

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 23, 2007

      Sunday, December 23 -

      I think the thing that really tipped me over the edge into making Secret Project #2 a "Go" was long-time CEREBUS reader, Robert Rowe of Reseda California volunteering to buy 100 copies of the first issue of Secret Project #2 just so it would come out. Okay, it's not much to go on but between Robert's 100 copies and Ralph's 250 copies, I figured "What the heck, if they can go a little crazy, why can't I?"

      I phoned Robert and asked if it was okay to use his name in publicizing the book and he left a message saying "Sure." He wanted people know that he's not a retailer, just a reader, so I'm letting you all know right here.

      Legally, I can't offer anyone a better discount than I offer Diamond (between 60% and 65% off depending on whether I can get the retailers an extra 5 points each on the first issue. The final decision is up to Bill Schanes and the guys in Purchasing), however in order to avoid any bruised retailer feelings (Robert does plan to resell them and the retailers are naturally sensitive about amateurs encroaching on their territory), I'll only be able to offer him 30% off the cover price of $3 which is really an "entry level" retailer sized discount. So, that's $2.10 each.

      If anyone else who isn't a retailer feels like going a little crazy, the offer is on the table.

      And if you're feeling a little giddy (hey, it's probably just the Christmas Spirit!) about Secret Project #2 coming out, you might want to post a thank you to Robert at the Yahoo Discussion Group. It might not have happened without the opportune arrival of his Christmas card.

      Due to Dave Sim's recent computer difficulties, the December 25th blog&mail will be the last for the foreseeable future.

      Announcements concerning Secret Project II and other events will be made as soon as possible.

      This may also be viewed at http://davesim.blogspot.com/

      http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=25ED8C60667D0A95

      If you wish to contact Dave Sim, you can mail a letter (he does NOT receive emails) to:

      Aardvark Vanaheim, Inc
      P.O. Box 1674
      Station C
      Kitchener, Ontario, Canada N2G 4R2

    • dan pawley

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 23, 2007

          > I think the thing that really tipped me over the edge into making Secret
          > Project #2 a "Go" was long-time CEREBUS reader, Robert Rowe of Reseda
          > California volunteering to buy 100 copies of the first issue of Secret
          > Project #2 just so it would come out.

          Hey, Robert Rowe, if you're part of this group, or even if you're not: seriously, generous move. Thanks.

          Dom
        • Margaret
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 25, 2007
            On Dec 23, 2007 6:14 PM, Jeff Tundis <jctundis@...> wrote:

            Sunday, December 23 -

            I think the thing that really tipped me over the edge into making Secret Project #2 a "Go" was long-time CEREBUS reader, Robert Rowe of Reseda California volunteering to buy 100 copies of the first issue of Secret Project #2 just so it would come out.

            And if you're feeling a little giddy (hey, it's probably just the Christmas Spirit!) about Secret Project #2 coming out, you might want to post a thank you to Robert at the Yahoo Discussion Group. It might not have happened without the opportune arrival of his Christmas card.

            Thanks Robert!
            --
            Take care,
            Margaret
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 26, 2007
              --- Margaret <cerebusfangirl@...> wrote:

              > On Dec 23, 2007 6:14 PM, Jeff Tundis
              > <jctundis@...> wrote:
              >
              > > Sunday, December 23 -**
              > >
              > > I think the thing that really tipped me over the
              > edge into making Secret
              > > Project #2 a "Go" was long-time CEREBUS reader,
              > Robert Rowe of Reseda
              > > California volunteering to buy 100 copies of the
              > first issue of Secret
              > > Project #2 just so it would come out.
              > > And if you're feeling a little giddy (hey, it's
              > probably just the
              > > Christmas Spirit!) about Secret Project #2 coming
              > out, you might want to
              > > post a thank you to Robert at the Yahoo Discussion
              > Group. It might not have
              > > happened without the opportune arrival of his
              > Christmas card.
              > >

              > Thanks Robert!

              Amen to that!

              Be a better friend, newshound, and