RE: [cerebus] Re: Volcanos

  • Okun, Mitch
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 2, 2001
      * It also looks as if the dream Rick didn't get it comnpletely right
      with the
      * 'move quickly' part. The flow heading towards their tent was nowhere
      near it
      * even by the time they had got over the ridge and on to the other
      lava flow.

      Well, i'm of the opinion that if they didn't agree to move quickly, they
      wouldn't have moved at all. If they didn't move at all, they were toast
      (literally).

      - Mitch
    • Marc Fleury
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 2, 2001
        On 2 Jan 2001, at 10:03, Okun, Mitch wrote:

        > Well, i'm of the opinion that if they didn't agree to move quickly, they
        > wouldn't have moved at all. If they didn't move at all, they were toast
        > (literally).

        It could also be that "move quickly" meant "The heat from the lava will
        dissipate soon enough, and you need to cover enough distance to
        arrive at the next town before you freeze to death.

        *shrug*

        --
        Marc.
      • Okun, Mitch
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 2, 2001
          * > Well, i'm of the opinion that if they didn't agree to move
          quickly, they
          * > wouldn't have moved at all. If they didn't move at all, they were
          toast
          * > (literally).
          *
          *
          * It could also be that "move quickly" meant "The heat from the lava
          will
          * dissipate soon enough, and you need to cover enough distance to
          * arrive at the next town before you freeze to death.
          *
          * *shrug*

          For all we know, it could have meant "the lava will cause the base of those
          trees to dissipate and land on your sleepy heads". At this point, i think
          in general we _can_ believe Rick, and the dream in general ... which means
          that the 2nd half (the person with a book and the "In the Hand of God"
          phrase) is still to come.

          I was re-reading 260 over the holiday (i was raving about it to some folks
          at New Years =P), and i noticed that Cerebus freaks when he realizes that he
          has seen Rick the one more time that he promises at the end of Rick's Story.
          Erm ... did i miss that? Can someone point out to me where Cerebus meets
          long bearded, prophet lookin' Rick in Going Home?

          - Mitch
        • detease@earthlink.net
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 3, 2001
            > Erm ... did i miss that? Can someone point out to me where Cerebus
            meets
            > long bearded, prophet lookin' Rick in Going Home?
            >
            > - Mitch
            I think that would be Rick baptising people while Cerebus was with F.
            Stop