Re: [cerebus] A life saved by Cerebus!

  • Margaret
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2007
      On 9/30/07, Jeff Tundis <jctundis@...> wrote:
      I got this email a couple of weeks ago from Cerebus fan Zack
      Rosenberg. I told him I'd post it here. I got a kick out of it!

      -Jeff :)

      "Hey Jeff how are you doing!!! Just wanted to say hi to you and Dave.
      I am up at college and things are good (except for huge comic book
      withdrawal because the nearest store is 2 hours into Canada). I just
      wanted to say that I never got a letter from Dave. It is all cool, I
      know he is a busy man. I just wanted to relay the coolest story to
      you guys anyways.

      "I was hiking in the Adirondack Mountains and happened to bring my
      Cerebus Vol. 1 book for light reading. Well in the middle of hiking I
      tripped and started falling downhill. In automatic response I used
      that huge like... um... phone book of all graphic novels to help
      break my fall. Wouldn't ya' know it stopped me from hitting my head.
      Wow, I never thought I would say a comic book saved my life and the
      best part was it was Cerebus!!!

      "I thought that was a cool story and I am sticking with it. Well I
      now have to get to class and eventually find someone to drive me into
      Canada!!!

                       your friend,

                            Chef Zack Rosenberg"

      Great story! Looks like Dave has a side market now: hikers and climbers: new safety equipment to protect your noggin!
      :)

      --
      Take care,
      Margaret
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2007
        On 10/1/07, Margaret <cerebusfangirl@...> wrote:

[...]

        Not only that, it kinda makes all those other "Cerebus changed my life" stories look like a booger!

        John L