Re: Sim/Vonnegut synchronistic incident (now OT)

  • David Shortell
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1, 2003

       Gahan Wilson did the same thing in Eddy Deco's Last Caper. I think I once heard of other cartoonists writing novels using that technique. Steranko,maybe? Or Gil Kane?

       "Larry <larrytheillini@...>" <larrytheillini@...> wrote:

      BTW, "Breakfast of Champions" is another situation in which KV takes
      on a characteristic of Dave Sim (or more apprpopriately--Gerhard!).
      Vonnegut actually "illustrates" the novel with his own doodles.
      Nothing much more intracate than what you might scribble on a
      cocktail napkin.  But the doodles are not just illustrations in the
      sense of Victor Reid "Reads".  They are part of the story.  The text
      will say something like "A pea is a green legume that looks like
      this", and it will be followed by his doodle of a pea.  So you can't
      just read the text and ignore the pictures.  The drawings are part of the text!

      Do you Yahoo!?