Skip to search.

Dave Sim's blogandmail #139 (January 28th, 2007)

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 28, 2007

      In the Name of God, the Most Gracious, the
      Most Merciful:
      There is no God but God
      & Muhammad is His last messenger and seal
      of prophets.
      Almighty God
      One God having One Name, One Face and One
      Aspect which is God:
      Glory to God in the Highest, Glory to God Most
      High
      God Who is the Most Gracious and the Most
      Merciful.
      Great is God and there is no other god but He.

      Almighty God, I thank You for having revealed
      Yourself to men.
      I thank you for Your Presence in the world
      and Your presence in my life
      through Your Living Word, preserved for all
      time within Your Sacred Scriptures;
      Your Living Word which is like unto a shining
      beacon, illuminating the path You have made
      straight before me.

      Almighty God, I thank You for the book of Genesis,
      I thank You for the book of Exodus,
      I thank You for the book of Leviticus,
      I thank You for the book of Numbers,
      I thank You for the book of Deuteronomy.
      I thank You for these books and revelations which
      You imparted to Your great prophet, Moshe
      Peace be upon him.

      I thank You for the book of Joshua,
      I thank You for the book of Judges,
      I thank You for the book of Samuel,
      I thank You for the book of Kings,
      I thank You for the book of Isaiah,
      I thank You for the book of Jeremiah,
      I thank You for the book of Ezekial,
      I thank You for the book of Hosea,
      I thank You for the book of Joel,
      I thank You for the book of Amos,
      I thank You for the book of Obadiah,
      I thank You for the book of Jonah,
      I thank You for the book of Micah,
      I thank You for the book of Nahum,
      I thank You for the book of Habakkuk,
      I thank You for the book of Zephaniah,
      I thank You for the book of Haggai,
      I thank You for the book of Zechariah,
      I thank You for the book of Malachi,

      I thank You for the testimony and the records
      of these prophets and messengers to
      Your Chosen People,
      Israel.
      Peace be upon them.

      I thank You for the Gospel according to Matthew,
      I thank You for the Gospel according to Mark,
      I thank You for the Gospel according to Luke,
      I thank You for the Gospel according to John,
      Peace be upon them

      I thank you for the testimonies and the records
      of Jesus, the Lamb of God,
      Peace be upon him.

      I thank You for the Acts of the Apostles,
      I thank You for the Epistles of Paul,
      I thank You for the testimony of the disciples,
      I thank You for the Revelation of John.
      Peace be upon them.

      And I thank you for your glorious Koran.

      Almighty God, after the instruction of Your
      last messenger and seal of prophets,
      Muhammad, peace be upon him,
      who counselled that a man must submit himself
      to the Will of God, wilfully and peacefully, I
      renew my vow (this morning) that I do so: that
      I submit myself to You and I submit myself to
      Your Will. If it be Your Will, please grant that
      I might be brought to the fulfillment whish
      You intended for me from before my birth.

      Glory to God in the highest, Glory to God
      Most High, God who is the Most Gracious and
      the Most Merciful, Great is God and there is
      no other God but He. God Who created all
      the worlds and all the heavens, God Who is
      the only Source of salvation, God Who is the
      only Hope of redemption, God Who is the only
      good, God Who is my only sanctuary, God
      Who is my only safe harbour from the storm.
      Glory to God in the highest, glory to God most
      high,
      In excelsis Deo.

      Almighty God, I thank you for allowing me to
      be born in Canada in the last half of the
      twentieth century: pampered, coddled,
      insulated, sheltered and protected
      from so much of the world's genuine hardship
      & pain, misery & strife, famine & poverty,
      disease & dispair, hunger & need, want &
      dread, fear & violence, suppression &
      oppression which are the yoke & the burden
      under which so much of the world's
      population yet labours.

      Through these sufferings are the dust of this
      earth -- from dust they came and to dust they
      will return -- still I know that I have been
      spared them, only by Your Grace and  by Your
      Mercy, and I am profoundly grateful to You
      for that.

      May God's will be done in the earth, and on
      the earth, as it is in all the worlds and all the
      heavens.

      Glory to God in the highest, Glory to God
      Most High, God who is the Most Gracious
      and Most Merciful, Great is God and there is
      no other god but He. God Who created all the
      worlds and all the heavens, God Who is the
      only Source of salvation, God Who is the
      only Hope of redemption, God Who is the only
      good, God Who is my only sanctuary, God
      who is my only safe harbour from the storm.
      Glory to God in the highest, glory to God
      most high,
      In excelsis Deo.

      Almighty God, if I am worthy of forgiveness
      in Your Eyes, I ask forgiveness of my many
      sins, transgressions, iniquities and vanities
      which are abomination before your Eternal
      Laws, Morals and Ethics. If I am worthy
      of forgiveness in Your Eyes, I ask forgiveness
      for all my sins of commission and of
      omission: those sins which I have
      committed and which I commit, out of
      wilfulness, out of ignorance,
      out of spite, out of misery, out of
      self-absobtion, out of self-pity,
      out of self-destructiveness or out of
      misundertsanding or
      misconstruing Your Living Word.

      Almighty God, I accept all consequences and
      repercussions of my own choices, decisions,
      self-imposed inadequacies, actions, deeds,
      words and works. For God is the Sure Judge
      over all the earth and all the worlds and all
      the heavens, slow to anger, measured and
      temperate in Your Judgements, sparing and
      merciful in Your chastisements.

      Glory to God in the highest, Glory to God
      Most High, God who is the Most Gracious and
      the Most Merciful, Great is God and there is
      no other God but He. God Who created all
      the worlds and all the heavens, God Who is
      the only Source of salvation, God Who is the
      only Hope of redemption, God Who is the only
      good, God Who is my only sanctuary, God
      Who is my only safe harbour from the storm.
      Glory to God in the highest, glory to God most
      high,
      In excelsis Deo.

      Almighty God, I commend into Your Care and
      Your Custody, my soul, my mind and my
      heart, knowing as I do so that free will is
      God's greatest gift to man. And while I
      entrust myself only to You and while I trust
      only You, still I know that there are choices
      and decisions which lie before me in my life
      which are mine alone to make. If it be Your
      Will, please grant that those choices and
      decisions might be informed by the common
      sense, the good judgement and what wisdom
      You have seen fit to bestow upon me, by Your
      Grace and by Your Mercy.

      Glory to God in the highest, Glory to God
      Most High, God who is the Most Gracious
      and Most Merciful, Great is God and there is
      no other god but He. God Who created all the
      worlds and all the heavens, God Who is the
      only source of salvation, God Who is the only
      hope of redemption, God Who is the only
      good, God Who is my only sanctuary, God
      who is my only safe harbour from the storm.
      Glory to God in the highest, glory to God
      most high,
      In excelsis Deo.

      Almighty God, I also renew my vow (this
      morning) that I will never again marry and I
      will never again cohabit with a woman. I vow
      further to exercise all caution , all restraint, all
      common sense, all good judgement and what
      wisdom You have seen fit to bestow upon me,
      by Your Grace and by Your Mercy and to
      exercise all these to the utmost in all of my
      dealings with womankind.

      Glory to God in the highest, Glory to God
      most High, God who is the Most Gracious and
      the Most Merciful, Great is God and there is
      no other God but He. God Who created all the
      worlds and all the heavens, God who is the
      only Source of salvation, God who is the only
      Hope of redemption, God who is the only
      good, God Who is my only sanctuary, God
      who is my only safe harbour from the storm.
      Glory to God in the highest, glory to God
      most high,
      In excelsis Deo.

      Amen.

      _________________________________

      Scripture readings resume today with the complete Joshua.

      1PM

      Dave Sim Cerebus Scripture readng bible dvd Deuteronomy

      eBay Item number: 250077327390

    • Margaret
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 28, 2007
        On 1/28/07, Jeff Tundis <jctundis@...> wrote:
        Scripture readings resume today with the complete Joshua.

        1PM

        Well, at least he is feeling good enough to get outside for the scripture readings. . .

        --
        Take care,
        Margaret
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 28, 2007
          --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, Margaret <cerebusfangirl@...> wrote:

          > On 1/28/07, Jeff Tundis <jctundis@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Scripture readings resume today with the complete Joshua.
          > >
          > > 1PM
          > >

          > Well, at least he is feeling good enough to get outside for the
          scripture
          > readings. . .
          >
          > --
          > Take care,
          > Margaret
          > http://www.cerebusfangirl.com

          -------- I hope it works out. When I spoke to him yesterday, he
          mentioned he was going to try an antihistamine. However, today is a
          fasting day, so no food or water. I warned him not to take the
          medication because he'd be so dehydrated he wouldn't be able to talk.
          But he is definitely better, his hearing is even starting to improve
          ever so slightly.

          Dave: "I can even hear the phone ringing - but far away like it's
          ringing in Detroit."

          Me: "Well, you live closer to Detroit than I do, so I'll have to take
          your word for it."

          He also said that since he was resuming today, he'd at least have a
          check from you and me for the food bank:)