Dave Sim's blogandmail #137 (January 26th, 2007) (re-post)

    Message 1 of 30 , Jan 27, 2007

      Dave Sim's Collected Letters Volume 2 will be released in late spring/early summer 2007. Until Dave (who currently has the flu) is feeling better – and to whet your appetite for the book! -- The Blog & Mail will run two-page excerpts from the manuscript each day.

      Today: Pages 31 & 32:

      Yes, I did get nominated for another Harvey Best Letterer award and an Eisner if I'm not mistaken. I wrote to the Eisner Awards panel and informed them that I was having my name legally changed to "Todd Klein Sandman And Various" and that I would appreciate it if my nomination next year could appear under my new name. No response.

      I had forgotten that I had included the metal plate and The Place the Wind Comes From in an issue of Cerebus. I think it was in Church & State, either just before or just after the break between volume one and two. That's going to happen a lot, from now on. I don't have to retain things, so I don't. Someone recently asked about the memorial ceremony where Iest used to be in Going Home and I dug it out and read it and went, "Oh, right, the Cirinists trying to co-opt Isaiah and Jeremiah." That's pretty clever. And I reread it and thought, "That's not too bad considering I'd only been reading the Bible about a year and a half at that point."

      "I'm amazed by the immediate effect of trying to extract women from your life. Deliberately trying to get them away from you seems to draw them to you. I've noticed it in restaurants and even on the street. Being cold, prickly and rude to women in an effort to get them away from you seems to be exactly what they're looking for."

      Yes, exactly. This is why I am unfailingly courteous and cheerful when dealing with women in person — you can literally feel yourself disappearing off the side of their radar screen. Over-tipping helps in restaurants and bars. Same effect. If you want a waitress to get interested in you don't leave her a tip. I usually go for a straight thirty percent which keeps everything on a strict waitress/customer basis. Otherwise you have to keep switching restaurants.

      You're quite welcome for the copy of Aphasia. Still no sign of issue 3 and, you're right, it is a bad sign that he's explaining everything to his girlfriend and his Mom. I assume that that was his girlfriend he was with at SPACE. She wasn't a supermodel, but she wasn't exactly hard on the eyes, either, so…Ray actually posted a reading list on the Cerebus Newsgroup of recommended places to find the original — unedited — correspondence of the Founding Fathers. A number of them were a good deal closer to, say, Karl Marx than Billy Graham on the Christianity scale. And, of course, it has taken a couple of centuries of very selective reading and revisionist Twister-style history to keep them all on the Billy Graham side of the ledger. The letters of Jefferson's that Ray sent me put him solidly in the Tolstoy/Doestoevsky camp: did his own set of the Gospels that excised all of the miracles and supernatural episodes. Gulag Christianity in its Age of Reason cradle. Ray is a doubter's doubter as you could see from this first part, so it should be quite a show.

      If I had a nickel for every person who has asked if I'm a Philip K. Dick fan, I'd have change for half a dollar by now. I'm always interested in reading about him and his experience of 1974. Yes, I had heard about the amphetamine psychosis. Drugs are just one of those things you can only dabble in for a little while and then it's time to get yourself out of the pool and get majorly antibacterial. When I think of all the crap I used to pump into my body thinking that it was helping in some way, my mind boggles. He did have it "together" in a few ways — one of which was the realization that he was largely invulnerable because his condo, his car and his stereo were paid off (the last one makes me laugh, of course) so he didn't need to write the Bladerunner screenplay (abusing one of his own children) because of a voracious need for money.

      I'll tell you what: I'll trade you for photocopies of the Weirdo 17 story with my Journal review enclosed and in its original form so you can compare for the editing. I told Michael Dean he could take out anything he didn't like or didn't have room for. As it was it was about 500 words longer than most of their gallery reviews.

      Documentary:

      1) All right we'll make a point of doing it on a Saturday sometime before Labour Day (there are about eight Saturdays left in the summer) (CANADIAN GOTCHA!). I should know by about 3 pm on Friday if I'm going to have a spillover of letter-answering into the weekend or if I can get it wrapped up by Friday night, so I'll call you on a Friday and we'll just hope for the best.

      2) Yes, the sneak attack sounds interesting — just playing off the "given" that a documentary is a Marxist-feminist format, ergo, all roads lead to Leftist Rome. As you say, the more gradually you can steer them into new areas the more effective the point is going to be, particularly if you don't have any narration or text or interview footage that explicitly makes the point. As you say, "driving something through people's brains without actually seeming like you're being didactic." You just read the excerpts from the Harlequin romance novels or

      maybe even just post it as text… nice segue to…

      3) …blocks of text. Yes, I quite agree and I think you're really onto something here. The Internet has trained people to read blocks of text on a screen, particularly if the typeface is clear enough and large enough to read comfortably. I also think it would be worth experimenting with the length of time the text is on the screen. A rape scene, you'd actually benefit from not actually leaving it up long enough to really intently read the whole thing. Make sure the most provocative part is in the first two sentences and that you title card it. That is:

      excerpt:

      The Baron's Mistress

      Harlequin Romance

      2001...

      This may also be viewed at http://davesim.blogspot.com/

      If you wish to contact Dave Sim, you can mail a letter (he does NOT receive emails) to:

      Aardvark Vanaheim, Inc
      P.O. Box 1674
      Station C
      Kitchener, Ontario, Canada N2G 4R2

      Looking for a place to purchase Cerebus phonebooks? You can do so online through Win-Mill Productions -- producers of Following Cerebus. Convenient payment with PayPal:

      http://spectrummagazines.bizland.com/cerebusgn.chtml

      Or, you can check out Mars Import:

      http://www.marsimport.com/display_series.php?ID=142

      Or ask your local retailer to order them for you through Diamond Comics distributors. Here are the Diamond Star System codes:

      Cerebus #1-25 $30.00 STAR00070

      High Society #26-50 $30.00 STAR00071

      Church and State I #52-80 $35.00 STAR00271

      Church and State II #81-111 $35.00 STAR00321

      Jaka's Story #114-136 $30.00 STAR00359

      Melmoth #139-150 $20.00 STAR00431

      Flight #151-162 $20.00 STAR00543

      Women #163-174 $20.00 STAR00849

      Reads #175-186 $20.00 STAR01063

      Minds #187-200 $20.00 STAR01916

      Guys #201-219 $25.00 STAR06972

      Rick's Story #220-231 $20.00 STAR08468

      Going Home I #232-250 $30.00 STAR10981

      Form and Void #251-265 $30.00 STAR13500

      Latter Days #266 - 288 $35.00 AUG031920

      The Last Day #289 - 300 $25.00 APR042189

      Collected Letters - $30 FEB052434

    • Edward Wilson
      Message 2 of 30 , Jan 27, 2007
        Dave Sim's blogandmail #137 (January 26th, 2007)

        > Yes, exactly. This is why I am unfailingly courteous and cheerful when
        > dealing with women in person — you can literally feel yourself
        > disappearing off the side of their radar screen. Over-tipping
        > helps in
        > restaurants and bars. Same effect. If you want a waitress to get
        > interested in you don't leave her a tip. I usually go for a straight
        > thirty percent which keeps everything on a strict waitress/customer
        > basis. Otherwise you have to keep switching restaurants.

        *Choke*!! THIRTY PER CENT!?!?!!! Good Christ!! I only tip ten per cent and that should be PLENTY! (And, I've never had a waitress come on to me because of it.)

        Ed Wilson
        Message 3 of 30 , Jan 27, 2007
          --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, Edward Wilson <longshanks@...> wrote:

          > > If you want a waitress to get
          > > interested in you don't leave her a tip.
          > > I usually go for a straight
          > > thirty percent which keeps everything on a strict waitress/customer
          > > basis. Otherwise you have to keep switching restaurants.
          >
          > *Choke*!! THIRTY PER CENT!?!?!!! Good Christ!!
          > I only tip ten per cent and that should be PLENTY!
          > (And, I've never had a waitress come on to me because of it.)

          Dave uses Canadian money, though. It's like play money. ;)

          - Larry Hart
        • Steve Bolhafner
          Message 4 of 30 , Jan 27, 2007
            --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, Edward Wilson <longshanks@...> wrote:

            > Dave Sim's blogandmail #137 (January 26th, 2007)
            >
            > > Yes, exactly. This is why I am unfailingly courteous and cheerful
            > > when
            > > dealing with women in person — you can literally feel yourself
            > > disappearing off the side of their radar screen. Over-tipping
            > > helps in
            > > restaurants and bars. Same effect. If you want a waitress to get
            > > interested in you don't leave her a tip. I usually go for a straight
            > > thirty percent which keeps everything on a strict waitress/customer
            > > basis. Otherwise you have to keep switching restaurants.
            >
            > *Choke*!! THIRTY PER CENT!?!?!!! Good Christ!! I only tip ten per
            > cent and that should be PLENTY! (And, I've never had a waitress come
            > on to me because of it.)
            >
            > Ed Wilson

            If you're in the states, shame on you, because table servers are
            allowed by law to be paid a wage much smaller than minimum wage and
            their tips are supposed to make up the difference, and the average tip
            is 15%, so unless your waitress was incompetent or rude you just
            literally made sure she was underpaid for waiting on you.

            If you're a Brit, well, a tip of 15% or 18% or something like that is
            automatically added to your bill, like a tax (I was astonished by this
            my first trip there -- American restaurants only do this for large
            parties, if at all). Anything over that is gravy, so not tipping isn't
            all that uncommon and 10% might be quite generous.

            I'm not sure what the situation is in Canada, but I think it's like
            the U.S. -- possibly without the underpaid wages part. That is, 15% is
            probably the norm, and Dave is doubling that.

            Steve Bolhafner
          • craigjohnsonesq@aol.com
            Message 5 of 30 , Jan 27, 2007
              In a message dated 27/01/2007 22:04:54 GMT Standard Time, sbolhafner@... writes:
              If you're a Brit, well, a tip of 15% or 18% or something like that is
              automatically added to your bill, like a tax (I was astonished by this
              my first trip there -- American restaurants only do this for large
              parties, if at all).

              You went to the wrong restaurants - I've only ever had this happen once in 20 years of restaurant visits.  A few times (less than ten) there's been room on the payment slip to add tips to the total...all other times (several hundred), it's been cash at discretion.

              And before anyone asks, no, it's not because I'm at Mucky D's every week!

              -- Craig.

              Craig R. Johnson, Managing Editor
              www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com
              www.comicspace.com/craigjohnson
              grumpy-craig.blogspot.com
            • Steve Bolhafner
              Message 6 of 30 , Jan 27, 2007
                --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, craigjohnsonesq@... wrote:

                > sbolhafner@... writes:
                >
                > If you're a Brit, well, a tip of 15% or 18% or something like that
                > is automatically added to your bill, like a tax (I was astonished by
                > this my first trip there -- American restaurants only do this for
                > large parties, if at all).
                >
                > You went to the wrong restaurants - I've only ever had this happen
                > once in 20 years of restaurant visits.

                Really? Every single place we ate at the week we were in London (about
                10 years ago) did this. Maybe it's just the London restaurants near
                the hotels and other touristy places . . .

                Steve Bolhafner
              • craigjohnsonesq@aol.com
                Message 7 of 30 , Jan 27, 2007
                  In a message dated 28/01/2007 00:05:16 GMT Standard Time, sbolhafner@... writes:
                  Really? Every single place we ate at the week we were in London (about
                  10 years ago) did this. Maybe it's just the London restaurants near
                  the hotels and other touristy places . . .

                  I think you're spot on there - I've been working in London for, what, 17 years now, and would never, ever, ever, eat out at the usual places - there are a number of out-of-the-way bars and restaurants with very good food at very nice prices...

                  Isn't it the same the world over that tourists get ripped?

                  -- Craig.

                  Craig R. Johnson, Managing Editor
                  www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com
                  www.comicspace.com/craigjohnson
                  grumpy-craig.blogspot.com
                • Andrew Korn
                  Message 8 of 30 , Jan 27, 2007
                    Steve Bolhafner wrote:

                    > > If you're a Brit, well, a tip of 15% or 18% or something like that
                    > > is automatically added to your bill, like a tax (I was astonished by
                    > > this my first trip there -- American restaurants only do this for
                    > > large parties, if at all).
                    > >
                    > > You went to the wrong restaurants - I've only ever had this happen
                    > > once in 20 years of restaurant visits.
                    >
                    >Really? Every single place we ate at the week we were in London (about
                    >10 years ago) did this. Maybe it's just the London restaurants near
                    >the hotels and other touristy places . . .

                    It's called "service included" and it's not usual but not hugely
                    uncommon, but it's rarely higher than 15% and in my experience most
                    often 12.5%. It's almost universal in France, which is I believe
                    where we got the habit from. "Service compris" no doubt makes a lot
                    of sense when you have French people waiting tables.

                    In Britain it's the exception rather than the rule, and common only
                    in touristy areas, because tourists don't generally realise that what
                    you're seeing there is the tip included in your bill. It's still
                    optional. Yep, if you thought the service sucked, just knock that
                    service charge right back off again, add the tip you think they
                    deserve if any, and tell them. They may sulk, but that's the limit of
                    what they can do about it.

                    Cheers,

                    Andrew
                  • allen lulu
                    Message 9 of 30 , Jan 27, 2007

                      10%?!? Are you out of your mind? Yo, Mr. Pink, Steve laid it all out but, truth be told, you should tip 20%. 15% is only, ONLY if service was below par. And by that I mean, he/she pissed in your soup. 20 is great. I used to just double the tax and round up but I found that I wanted to give more. Try waiting tables for a couple of weeks.

                      God, I come back after a month and this is the first nonsense I get to see.....

                      Message 10 of 30 , Jan 27, 2007
                        --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Bolhafner" <sbolhafner@...>
                        wrote:

                        > > You went to the wrong restaurants - I've only ever had this
                        > > happen
                        > > once in 20 years of restaurant visits.
                        >
                        > Really? Every single place we ate at the week we were
                        > in London (about
                        > 10 years ago) did this. Maybe it's just the London restaurants near
                        > the hotels and other touristy places . . .

                        Maybe they know the Americans won't tip? ;)

                        - Larry Hart
                      • Greg
                        Message 11 of 30 , Jan 27, 2007
                          wrote:

                          > --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, craigjohnsonesq@ wrote:
                          > >
                          > > In a message dated 27/01/2007 22:04:54 GMT Standard Time,
                          > > sbolhafner@ writes:
                          > >
                          > > If you're a Brit, well, a tip of 15% or 18% or something like
                          that
                          > > is automatically added to your bill, like a tax (I was astonished
                          by
                          > > this my first trip there -- American restaurants only do this
                          for
                          > > large parties, if at all).
                          > >
                          > > You went to the wrong restaurants - I've only ever had this
                          happen
                          > > once in 20 years of restaurant visits.
                          >
                          > Really? Every single place we ate at the week we were in London
                          (about
                          > 10 years ago) did this. Maybe it's just the London restaurants near
                          > the hotels and other touristy places . . .
                          >
                          > Steve Bolhafner

                          I've never been out of the country, but from what I've heard it's not
                          just England. Including the tip in the final bill is
                          called "European Style" tipping.

                          -Greg S.
                          Message 12 of 30 , Jan 27, 2007
                            --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, "allen lulu" <allenlulu@...> wrote:

                            > God, I come back after a month and this is
                            > the first nonsense I get to
                            > see.....

                            Uhhh...read the Gerhard posts next. :(

                            Message 13 of 30 , Jan 27, 2007
                              --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Korn <andrew.korn@...> wrote:

                              > It's called "service included" and it's not usual but not hugely
                              > uncommon,
                              > but it's rarely higher than 15% and in my experience most
                              > often 12.5%. It's almost universal in France, which is I believe
                              > where we got the habit from.
                              >
                              > In Britain it's the exception rather than the rule,
                              > and common only in touristy areas, because tourists don't
                              > generally realise that what
                              > you're seeing there is the tip included in your bill. It's still
                              > optional. Yep, if you thought the service sucked, just knock that
                              > service charge right back off again, add the tip you think they
                              > deserve if any, and tell them.
                              > They may sulk, but that's the limit of
                              > what they can do about it.

                              Apparently not. I hear there's this movie... ;)

                              - Larry Hart
                            • rainmandu2
                              Message 14 of 30 , Jan 28, 2007
                                --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <greg.sullivan@...> wrote:

                                > --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Bolhafner" <sbolhafner@>
                                > wrote:
                                > >
                                > > --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, craigjohnsonesq@ wrote:
                                > > >
                                > > > In a message dated 27/01/2007 22:04:54 GMT Standard Time,
                                > > > sbolhafner@ writes:
                                > > >
                                > > > If you're a Brit, well, a tip of 15% or 18% or something like
                                > that
                                > > > is automatically added to your bill, like a tax (I was astonished
                                > by
                                > > > this my first trip there -- American restaurants only do this
                                > for
                                > > > large parties, if at all).
                                > > >
                                > > > You went to the wrong restaurants - I've only ever had this
                                > happen
                                > > > once in 20 years of restaurant visits.
                                > >
                                > > Really? Every single place we ate at the week we were in London
                                > (about
                                > > 10 years ago) did this. Maybe it's just the London restaurants near
                                > > the hotels and other touristy places . . .
                                > >
                                > > Steve Bolhafner
                                > >

                                > I've never been out of the country, but from what I've heard it's not
                                > just England. Including the tip in the final bill is
                                > called "European Style" tipping.
                                >
                                > -Greg S.

                                And it's evil. What's next, if I order dessert, I have to buy my server a new pair of shoes?

                                Rainmandu
                              • craigjohnsonesq@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 30 , Jan 29, 2007
                                  In a message dated 29/01/2007 00:30:40 GMT Standard Time, rainmandu@... writes:
                                  > I've never been out of the country, but from what I've heard it's not
                                  > just England.  Including the tip in the final bill is
                                  > called "European Style" tipping.
                                  >
                                  > -Greg S.

                                  And it's evil. What's next, if I order dessert, I have to buy my server a new pair of shoes?

                                  You *are* Larry David and I claim my five pounds...

                                  Message 16 of 30 , Jan 29, 2007
                                    --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, craigjohnsonesq@... wrote:

                                    > rainmandu@... writes:
                                    >
                                    > > I've never been out of the country, but from what I've heard it's not
                                    > > just England. Including the tip in the final bill is
                                    > > called "European Style" tipping.
                                    > >
                                    > > -Greg S.
                                    >
                                    > And it's evil. What's next, if I order dessert, I have to buy my server a
                                    > new pair of shoes?
                                    >

                                    > You *are* Larry David and I claim my five pounds...
                                    >
                                    > -- Craig.

                                    Ew. I'd rather be Dan Savage. And I don't want to be Dan Savage. Can't I be Scarlet
                                    Johansson? Then I could just stay home all day and touch myself.

                                    Rainmandu

                                    "Animal" - Def Leppard
                                  • Margaret
                                    Message 17 of 30 , Jan 29, 2007
                                      On 1/29/07, rainmandu2 <rainmandu@...> wrote:
                                      --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, craigjohnsonesq@... wrote:

                                      > rainmandu@... writes:
                                      >
                                      > >  I've never been out of the country, but from what I've heard it's not
                                      > >  just England.  Including the tip in the final bill is
                                      > > called  "European Style" tipping.
                                      > >
                                      > > -Greg S.
                                      >
                                      > And it's evil.  What's next, if I order dessert, I have to buy my server a
                                      > new pair of  shoes?
                                      >

                                      > You *are* Larry David and I claim my five pounds...
                                      >
                                      > -- Craig.

                                      Ew. I'd rather be Dan Savage. And I don't want to be Dan Savage. Can't I be Scarlet
                                      Johansson? Then I could just stay home all day and touch myself.

                                      you forgot the part where you're looking in the mirror while you do that. . .umm.

                                      --
                                      Take care,
                                      Margaret
                                      Message 18 of 30 , Jan 29, 2007
                                        On 29/01/07, rainmandu2 <rainmandu@...> wrote:

                                        > --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, craigjohnsonesq@... wrote:
                                        > >

                                        > > In a message dated 29/01/2007 00:30:40 GMT Standard Time,
                                        > > rainmandu@... writes:
                                        > >
                                        > > > I've never been out of the country, but from what I've heard it's not
                                        > > > just England. Including the tip in the final bill is
                                        > > > called "European Style" tipping.
                                        > > >
                                        > > > -Greg S.
                                        > >
                                        > > And it's evil. What's next, if I order dessert, I have to buy my server a
                                        > > new pair of shoes?
                                        > >

                                        > > You *are* Larry David and I claim my five pounds...
                                        > >
                                        > > -- Craig.
                                        >
                                        > Ew. I'd rather be Dan Savage. And I don't want to be Dan Savage. Can't I be Scarlet
                                        > Johansson? Then I could just stay home all day and touch myself.
                                        >
                                        > Rainmandu
                                        >
                                        > "Animal" - Def Leppard

                                        Well, Dan Savage would never listen to Def Leppard.........

                                        --
                                        Ryan
                                      • rainmandu2
                                        Message 19 of 30 , Jan 29, 2007
                                          --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, Margaret <cerebusfangirl@...> wrote:

                                          > On 1/29/07, rainmandu2 <rainmandu@...> wrote:
                                          > >
                                          > > --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, craigjohnsonesq@ wrote:

                                          > > > And it's evil. What's next, if I order dessert, I have to buy my server
                                          > > > new pair of shoes?
                                          > > >

                                          > > > You *are* Larry David and I claim my five pounds...
                                          > > >
                                          > > > -- Craig.
                                          > >
                                          > > Ew. I'd rather be Dan Savage. And I don't want to be Dan Savage. Can't I
                                          > > be Scarlet
                                          > > Johansson? Then I could just stay home all day and touch myself.
                                          >

                                          > you forgot the part where you're looking in the mirror while you do that. .
                                          > .umm.
                                          >
                                          > --
                                          > Take care,
                                          > Margaret

                                          Oh, like you wouldn't buy the video. Heh.

                                          Rainmandu

                                          "Rock On" - Def Leppard
                                        • rainmandu2
                                          Message 20 of 30 , Jan 29, 2007
                                            --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, "Ryan Dunne" <cerebusboy@...> wrote:

                                            > On 29/01/07, rainmandu2 <rainmandu@...> wrote:
                                            > >

                                            > > --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, craigjohnsonesq@ wrote:

                                            > > > And it's evil. What's next, if I order dessert, I have to buy my server a
                                            > > > new pair of shoes?
                                            > > >

                                            > > > You *are* Larry David and I claim my five pounds...
                                            > > >
                                            > > > -- Craig.
                                            > >
                                            > > Ew. I'd rather be Dan Savage. And I don't want to be Dan Savage. Can't I be Scarlet
                                            > > Johansson? Then I could just stay home all day and touch myself.
                                            > >
                                            > > Rainmandu
                                            > >
                                            > > "Animal" - Def Leppard
                                            > >

                                            > Well, Dan Savage would never listen to Def Leppard.........
                                            >

                                            > --
                                            > Ryan

                                            Yet another reason to not be Dan Savage.

                                            Rainmandu

                                            "Hanging on the Telephone" - Def Leppard (yes, it's Def Leppard covering Blondie. I'm
                                            sorry, but that's just too cool for words)
                                          • Margaret
                                            Message 21 of 30 , Jan 29, 2007
                                              On 1/29/07, rainmandu2 <rainmandu@...> wrote:
                                              --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, Margaret <cerebusfangirl@...> wrote:

                                              > On 1/29/07, rainmandu2 <rainmandu@...> wrote:
                                              > >

                                              > > Ew. I'd rather be Dan Savage. And I don't want to be Dan Savage. Can't I
                                              > > be Scarlet
                                              > > Johansson? Then I could just stay home all day and touch myself.
                                              >

                                              > you forgot the part where you're looking in the mirror while you do that. .
                                              > .umm.

                                              Oh, like you wouldn't buy the video. Heh.

                                              Video? Video? I wanted to hold the mirror for you!

                                              Message 22 of 30 , Jan 29, 2007
                                                --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, Margaret <cerebusfangirl@...> wrote:

                                                > On 1/29/07, rainmandu2 <rainmandu@...> wrote:
                                                > >
                                                > > --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, Margaret <cerebusfangirl@> wrote:

                                                > > > you forgot the part where you're looking in the mirror while you do
                                                > > that. .
                                                > > > .umm.
                                                > >

                                                > > Oh, like you wouldn't buy the video. Heh.
                                                > >

                                                > Video? Video? I wanted to hold the mirror for you!
                                                >
                                                > --
                                                > Take care,
                                                > Margaret

                                                And I didn't even tip!

                                                Rainmandu

                                                "Street Life" - Def Leppard (Def Leppard doing Roxy Music? It just keeps getting better,
                                                doesn't it?)
                                              • Margaret
                                                Message 23 of 30 , Jan 29, 2007
                                                  On 1/29/07, rainmandu2 <rainmandu@...> wrote:
                                                  --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, Margaret <cerebusfangirl@...> wrote:

                                                  > On 1/29/07, rainmandu2 <rainmandu@...> wrote:
                                                  > >
                                                  > > --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, Margaret <cerebusfangirl@> wrote:

                                                  > > > you forgot the part where you're looking in the mirror while you do
                                                  > > that. .
                                                  > > > .umm.
                                                  > >

                                                  > > Oh, like you wouldn't buy the video. Heh.
                                                  > >

                                                  > Video? Video? I wanted to hold the mirror for you!
                                                  >
                                                  > --
                                                  > Take care,
                                                  > Margaret

                                                  And I didn't even tip!

                                                  If you were Scarlet Johansson, I'd tip you. Right over and. . .

                                                  whoa, best not to go there on a rated R forum. . .

                                                  Message 24 of 30 , Jan 29, 2007
                                                    On 29/01/07, rainmandu2 <rainmandu@...> wrote:

                                                    > --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, "Ryan Dunne" <cerebusboy@...> wrote:

                                                    > > > Ew. I'd rather be Dan Savage. And I don't want to be Dan Savage. Can't I be Scarlet
                                                    > > > Johansson? Then I could just stay home all day and touch myself.
                                                    > > >
                                                    > > > Rainmandu
                                                    > > >
                                                    > > > "Animal" - Def Leppard
                                                    > > >

                                                    > > Well, Dan Savage would never listen to Def Leppard.........
                                                    > >

                                                    > > --
                                                    > > Ryan
                                                    >
                                                    > Yet another reason to not be Dan Savage.
                                                    >
                                                    > Rainmandu
                                                    >
                                                    > "Hanging on the Telephone" - Def Leppard (yes, it's Def Leppard covering Blondie. I'm
                                                    > sorry, but that's just too cool for words)

                                                    What do you mean "yet another"? You at least admit to sharing a world
                                                    view with Dan Savage, right?

                                                    --
                                                    Ryan
                                                  • rainmandu2
                                                    Message 25 of 30 , Jan 29, 2007
                                                      --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, "Ryan Dunne" <cerebusboy@...> wrote:

                                                      > On 29/01/07, rainmandu2 <rainmandu@...> wrote:
                                                      > >

                                                      > > --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, "Ryan Dunne" <cerebusboy@> wrote:

                                                      > > > Well, Dan Savage would never listen to Def Leppard.........
                                                      > > >

                                                      > > > --
                                                      > > > Ryan
                                                      > >
                                                      > > Yet another reason to not be Dan Savage.
                                                      > >
                                                      > > Rainmandu
                                                      > >
                                                      > > "Hanging on the Telephone" - Def Leppard (yes, it's Def Leppard covering Blondie. I'm
                                                      > > sorry, but that's just too cool for words)
                                                      > >

                                                      > What do you mean "yet another"? You at least admit to sharing a world
                                                      > view with Dan Savage, right?
                                                      >

                                                      > --
                                                      > Ryan

                                                      We agree about some things, we disagree about others. I have no idea if I agree or
                                                      disagree with Scarlett Johansson, but at least if I were Scarlett Johansson, Margaret would
                                                      tip me over. You gotta dig that.

                                                      Rainmandu

                                                      "Drive-In Saturday" - Def Leppard (Blondie, Roxy Music, and now David Bowie? Boy, when
                                                      Def Leppard does covers they do it up right)
                                                    • Ryan Dunne
                                                      Message 26 of 30 , Jan 30, 2007
                                                        On 30/01/07, rainmandu2 <rainmandu@...> wrote:

                                                        > --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, "Ryan Dunne" <cerebusboy@...> wrote:

                                                        > > > Yet another reason to not be Dan Savage.
                                                        > > >
                                                        > > > Rainmandu
                                                        > > >
                                                        > > > "Hanging on the Telephone" - Def Leppard (yes, it's Def Leppard covering Blondie. I'm
                                                        > > > sorry, but that's just too cool for words)
                                                        > > >

                                                        > > What do you mean "yet another"? You at least admit to sharing a world
                                                        > > view with Dan Savage, right?
                                                        > >

                                                        > > --
                                                        > > Ryan
                                                        >
                                                        > We agree about some things, we disagree about others

                                                        Like what?

                                                        . I have no idea if I agree or
                                                        > disagree with Scarlett Johansson, but at least if I were Scarlett Johansson, Margaret would
                                                        > tip me over. You gotta dig that.
                                                        >
                                                        > Rainmandu
                                                        >
                                                        > "Drive-In Saturday" - Def Leppard (Blondie, Roxy Music, and now David Bowie? Boy, when
                                                        > Def Leppard does covers they do it up right)

                                                        --
                                                        Ryan
                                                      • Matt Dow
                                                        Message 27 of 30 , Jan 30, 2007
                                                          On 1/29/07, Margaret <cerebusfangirl@...> wrote:

                                                          On 1/29/07, rainmandu2 <rainmandu@... > wrote:
                                                          --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, Margaret <cerebusfangirl@...> wrote:

                                                          > On 1/29/07, rainmandu2 <rainmandu@...> wrote:
                                                          > >
                                                          > > --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, Margaret <cerebusfangirl@> wrote:

                                                          > > > you forgot the part where you're looking in the mirror while you do
                                                          > > that. .
                                                          > > > .umm.
                                                          > >

                                                          > > Oh, like you wouldn't buy the video. Heh.
                                                          > >

                                                          > Video? Video? I wanted to hold the mirror for you!
                                                          >
                                                          > --
                                                          > Take care,
                                                          > Margaret

                                                          And I didn't even tip!

                                                          If you were Scarlet Johansson, I'd tip you. Right over and. . .

                                                          whoa, best not to go there on a rated R forum. . .

                                                          --
                                                          Take care,
                                                          Margaret
                                                          http://www.cerebusfangirl.com

                                                          No, go ahead.  Tell us what happens next.

                                                          Slowly.

                                                          Matt
                                                          (I need a hankie.)

                                                        • Margaret
                                                          Message 28 of 30 , Jan 30, 2007
                                                            On 1/30/07, Matt Dow <mouseskull@...> wrote:

                                                            On 1/29/07, Margaret < cerebusfangirl@...> wrote:

                                                            On 1/29/07, rainmandu2 <rainmandu@... > wrote:

                                                            And I didn't even tip!

                                                            If you were Scarlet Johansson, I'd tip you. Right over and. . .

                                                            whoa, best not to go there on a rated R forum. . .

                                                            No, go ahead.  Tell us what happens next.

                                                            And I'd . . .read you a bedtime story.

                                                            Slowly.

                                                            Annnnnnnd I'ddddddd reeeeeeeaaaaad yooouuuu aaaaaaa beeeddddtttiiimmmeeee sssstttooorrry.

                                                            Matt
                                                            (I need a hankie.)

                                                            Oh, did I make you cry? I'm sorry.

                                                            --
                                                            Take care,
                                                            Margaret
                                                            http://www.cerebusfangirl.com
                                                          • John L
                                                            Message 29 of 30 , Jan 30, 2007
                                                              On 1/30/07, Margaret <cerebusfangirl@...> wrote:

                                                              On 1/30/07, Matt Dow <mouseskull@... > wrote:

                                                              On 1/29/07, Margaret < cerebusfangirl@...> wrote:

                                                              On 1/29/07, rainmandu2 <rainmandu@... > wrote:

                                                              And I didn't even tip!

                                                              If you were Scarlet Johansson, I'd tip you. Right over and. . .

                                                              whoa, best not to go there on a rated R forum. . .

                                                              No, go ahead.  Tell us what happens next.

                                                              And I'd . . .read you a bedtime story.

                                                              Slowly.

                                                              Annnnnnnd I'ddddddd reeeeeeeaaaaad yooouuuu aaaaaaa beeeddddtttiiimmmeeee sssstttooorrry.

                                                              Matt
                                                              (I need a hankie.)

                                                              Oh, did I make you cry? I'm sorry.

                                                              --
                                                              Take care,
                                                              Margaret
                                                              http://www.cerebusfangirl.com

                                                              Ya big bully!

                                                              John L

                                                            • rainmandu2
                                                              Message 30 of 30 , Jan 31, 2007
                                                                --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, "Ryan Dunne" <cerebusboy@...> wrote:

                                                                > On 30/01/07, rainmandu2 <rainmandu@...> wrote:
                                                                > >

                                                                > > --- In cerebus@yahoogroups.com, "Ryan Dunne" <cerebusboy@> wrote:

                                                                Scarlet

                                                                Blondie. I'm

                                                                > > > What do you mean "yet another"? You at least admit to sharing a world
                                                                > > > view with Dan Savage, right?
                                                                > > >

                                                                > > > --
                                                                > > > Ryan
                                                                > >
                                                                > > We agree about some things, we disagree about others
                                                                >

                                                                > Like what?

                                                                > Ryan

                                                                I don't know. It's been so long since I've read his stuff. I just remember that when I used to
                                                                read his stuff I used to sometimes agree with him and sometimes not. I do remember that
                                                                he once said that he supports the government keeping bathhouses closed, so that's one
                                                                thing I disagree with him about right there.

                                                                Rainmandu

                                                                "Don't Get Me Wrong" - The Pretenders