Hello,I kinda drifted in....

  • eowynofgondor_uk
    Message 1 of 296 , Jul 4, 2000
      So here I am,just driftin' and I came across this
      club,whilst looking for something else totally different! So
      just browsing like, I read what Roy had to say, and
      thought,'I could join here!' So here I am!<br><br>Well,I'm
      not going to bore you all,you know the story,girl
      gets born early,has problems,gets taken home by loving
      mother and dragged up kicking and screaming through
      schools,college and uni.All the usual stuff. I have CP, the only
      difference is, I didn't know about it until I was 24! Oh
      sure,we'd had the odd hint,(you know, "Spastic!Spastic!"
      from the kids at school) but my dear old ma,she says
      I'm not,so I take her word for it. I was backwards
      with a speech impediment, and as far as she was
      concerned,all I needed to do was to catch up in school (ie
      concentrate more!) and listen to what my speech therapist was
      telling me! Yeah right,just like any other kid. And that
      is how I was bought up,not in any institution,nor
      with any authority help at all. No wheel chair or
      stick, just funny shoes until I could walk straight
      without tripping over my two left feet! So my mum is
      pretty special. I was never treated differently,my CP
      has never been bad enough to stop me doing anything I
      wanted to do,(except perhaps starring as an extra in
      Titanic, I can't swim-the legs and arms just won't do what
      I want them to do!)I have done all the usual
      stuff,rode a bike,had a motor bike (crashed that a few times
      though)walked up mt Snowdon (and down the otherside) had
      boyfriends,affairs,then got married.<br><br>And that is me, I'm married
      to a wonderful guy for the past eight years(despite
      opposition from his folks on the grounds that I talk and
      move funny)and although we cannot have children we are
      currently in the throes of trying to adopt,not sure how far
      we'll get,but we'll give it a go! I am quite happy with
      my life as a housewife, and the only regrets I have
      is that I can't sing, can't swim and that I hate
      keep fit! Ofcourse,I would like to walk down the
      street without people staring at me,I would like to not
      have to explain why I speak funny,and I would like to
      be able to hold down a job! But all that is what
      makes me who I am, and a part of that is the CP,and I
      wouldn't change a thing!<br>Love,Eowynxxxx
      Message 296 of 296 , Aug 9, 2006