Looking for

  • Joanna
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 1, 2003
      Hi,

      We just tryed a passy with Tricia and she loves it. tThe therapist
      says anything to stimulate her mouth will help her with swallowing.
      So now we are looking for oral stimulation products to use with her.

      Does anyone have any suggestions, or is there a company on line that
      may have some of what we are looking for?

      YaYa x5
      psalm113v9@...
    • Sue park
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 1, 2003
        just be carefull with there suggestions on oral
        stimalations because with my daughter they are now
        trying to stop her from bring everything to her mouth.
        Have you tryed to use a toothbrush?

        --- Joanna <Psalm113v9@...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > We just tryed a passy with Tricia and she loves
        > it. tThe therapist
        > says anything to stimulate her mouth will help her
        > with swallowing.
        > So now we are looking for oral stimulation products
        > to use with her.
        >
        > Does anyone have any suggestions, or is there a
        > company on line that
        > may have some of what we are looking for?
        >

        > YaYa x5
        > psalm113v9@...

        http://calendar.yahoo.com
      • Joanna
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 1, 2003
          --- In cerebralpalsyclub@yahoogroups.com, Sue park <susane_1975@y...>
          wrote:
          > just be carefull with there suggestions on oral
          > stimalations because with my daughter they are now
          > trying to stop her from bring everything to her mouth.
          > Have you tryed to use a toothbrush?

          calendar.yahoo.com

          Hi,

          she loves her electric toothbrush, and any type of toy that can
          vibrates that can be held up to her throat or cheek. I was just
          woundering if there was anything more we can do. Also we are afraid
          that she may bite the passy and get chocked, so we are now searching
          for some of the old harder one peice ones insted of the nerer kind.

          I just placed pitcured of Tricia, and her family
          athttp://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/cerebralpalsyclub/lst

          YaYa x5
          Psalm113v9@...
        • Sue park
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 1, 2003
            have you try the hand held massager?
            --- Joanna <Psalm113v9@...> wrote:
            > --- In cerebralpalsyclub@yahoogroups.com, Sue park
            > <susane_1975@y...>
            > wrote:
            > > just be carefull with there suggestions on oral
            > > stimalations because with my daughter they are now
            > > trying to stop her from bring everything to her
            > mouth.
            > > Have you tryed to use a toothbrush?
            > >
            > calendar.yahoo.com
            >
            > Hi,
            >
            > she loves her electric toothbrush, and any type of
            > toy that can
            > vibrates that can be held up to her throat or cheek.
            > I was just
            > woundering if there was anything more we can do.
            > Also we are afraid
            > that she may bite the passy and get chocked, so we
            > are now searching
            > for some of the old harder one peice ones insted of
            > the nerer kind.
            >
            > I just placed pitcured of Tricia, and her family

            > YaYa x5
            > Psalm113v9@...

            http://calendar.yahoo.com
          • Joanna
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 1, 2003
              wrote:
              > have you try the hand held massager?

              No, We(daughter and her hubby) are very new at this as we only gor
              the children a little over 2 1/2 months ago.

              Tell me about the hand held massager.

              YaYa x5
              Psalm113v9@...
            • Sue park
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 1, 2003
                the hand held massager is something that most people
                use for there backs and stuff but what I did was used
                it for my daghter and what I would do is hold it while
                it was on and use my finger around her mouth as time
                goes on you will find that you will no were to put
                your finger to get her to open and close the other
                thing is put a cloth on it and hold it againts a toy
                and she should enjoy that as well
                --- Sue park <susane_1975@...> wrote:
                > have you try the hand held massager?
                > --- Joanna <Psalm113v9@...> wrote:
                > > --- In cerebralpalsyclub@yahoogroups.com, Sue park
                > > <susane_1975@y...>
                > > wrote:
                > > > just be carefull with there suggestions on oral
                > > > stimalations because with my daughter they are
                > now
                > > > trying to stop her from bring everything to her
                > > mouth.
                > > > Have you tryed to use a toothbrush?
                > > >
                > > calendar.yahoo.com
                > >
                > > Hi,
                > >
                > > she loves her electric toothbrush, and any type
                > of
                > > toy that can
                > > vibrates that can be held up to her throat or
                > cheek.
                > > I was just
                > > woundering if there was anything more we can do.
                > > Also we are afraid
                > > that she may bite the passy and get chocked, so we
                > > are now searching
                > > for some of the old harder one peice ones insted
                > of
                > > the nerer kind.
                > >
                > > I just placed pitcured of Tricia, and her family

                > > YaYa x5
                > > Psalm113v9@...

                > Yahoo! Calendar - Free online calendar with sync to
                > Outlook(TM).
                > http://calendar.yahoo.com

                http://calendar.yahoo.com
              • Christine & Aaron Kramlich
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 2, 2003
                  A nuk brush is a good oral stimulate. This nuk brush is a small round
                  object with rubbery pokey things on the end of it. You can rub it on the
                  gums or on the tongue and it stimulates the mouth area. You can also dip it
                  in food to make it more fun! (: Kyleigh likes hers.
                  Christine K.
                  > We just tryed a passy with Tricia and she loves it. tThe therapist
                  > says anything to stimulate her mouth will help her with swallowing.
                  > So now we are looking for oral stimulation products to use with her.
                  >
                  > Does anyone have any suggestions, or is there a company on line that
                  > may have some of what we are looking for?
                  >

                  > YaYa x5
                  > psalm113v9@...

                • Christine & Aaron Kramlich
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 2, 2003
                    They even have a teether now that vibrates when you bite on it. It's shaped
                    like a star with a blue handle. Both my daughters love it.
                    Christine K.
                    > the hand held massager is something that most people
                    > use for there backs and stuff but what I did was used
                    > it for my daghter and what I would do is hold it while
                    > it was on and use my finger around her mouth as time
                    > goes on you will find that you will no were to put
                    > your finger to get her to open and close the other
                    > thing is put a cloth on it and hold it againts a toy
                    > and she should enjoy that as well
                    > --- Sue park <susane_1975@...> wrote:
                    > > have you try the hand held massager?
                    > > --- Joanna <Psalm113v9@...> wrote:
                    > > > --- In cerebralpalsyclub@yahoogroups.com, Sue park
                    > > > <susane_1975@y...>
                    > > now
                    > > > mouth.
                    > > > >
                    > > > calendar.yahoo.com
                    > > >
                    > > > Hi,
                    > > >
                    > > > she loves her electric toothbrush, and any type
                    > > of
                    > > > toy that can
                    > > > vibrates that can be held up to her throat or
                    > > cheek.
                    > > > I was just
                    > > > woundering if there was anything more we can do.
                    > > > Also we are afraid
                    > > > that she may bite the passy and get chocked, so we
                    > > > are now searching
                    > > > for some of the old harder one peice ones insted
                    > > of
                    > > > the nerer kind.
                    > > >
                    > > > I just placed pitcured of Tricia, and her family

                    > > > YaYa x5
                    > > > Psalm113v9@...

                    > > Yahoo! Calendar - Free online calendar with sync to
                    > > Outlook(TM).
                    > > http://calendar.yahoo.com

                  • Joanna
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 2, 2003
                      That sounds like a good idea. I am sure i have one of those around.

                      Thanks!!!

                      Ya Ya x5
                      Psalm113v9@...

                      Message 10 of 12 , Jun 2, 2003
                        --- In cerebralpalsyclub@yahoogroups.com, "Christine & Aaron
                        Kramlich" <twilight160@c...> wrote:
                        > They even have a teether now that vibrates when you bite on it.
                        It's shaped
                        > like a star with a blue handle. Both my daughters love it.
                        > Christine K.

                        Christine,

                        Where did you find this one? and what is the name of it. I think it
                        would be good as she likes to bite on her bibs and her vibrating toys.

                        JOanna <><<
                        YaYa x5
                        Psalm113v9@...
                      • Christine & Aaron Kramlich
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jun 2, 2003
                          I got it as a gift, but I've seen them at Walmart. I don't know the name of
                          it, but you can't miss it. Bright yellow star and blue handle and it lets
                          you try out the vibrating tip of it in the store through a hole in the
                          package. You should look for it with other rattles/teethers.
                          > > They even have a teether now that vibrates when you bite on it.
                          > It's shaped
                          > > like a star with a blue handle. Both my daughters love it.
                          > > Christine K.
                          >

                          > Christine,
                          >
                          > Where did you find this one? and what is the name of it. I think it
                          > would be good as she likes to bite on her bibs and her vibrating toys.
                          >
                          > JOanna <><<
                          > YaYa x5
                          > Psalm113v9@...

                        • Joanna
                          Message 12 of 12 , Jun 2, 2003
                            --- In cerebralpalsyclub@yahoogroups.com, "Christine & Aaron
                            Kramlich" <twilight160@c...> wrote:
                            > I got it as a gift, but I've seen them at Walmart. I don't know
                            the name of
                            > it, but you can't miss it. Bright yellow star and blue handle and
                            it lets
                            > you try out the vibrating tip of it in the store through a hole in
                            the
                            > package. You should look for it with other rattles/teethers.

                            Thanks I will check it out tomorrow!!

                            JOanna <><<
                            YaYa x5
                            Psalm113v9@...