Petition against HR 1350- Now what?

  • SpecialEd_Watchdog@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2003
      Thank you for signing the petition against HR 1350. So now what....

      Though we have lost the fight in the House, please do continue to sign
      the petition located at:

      www.petitiononline.com/IDEA2003

      Our voices still count. Hold your congresspeople accountable to their
      vote. Write them and ask why they have chosen to vote yes on the
      passage of a bill that diminishes the quality of education for students
      with disabilities.

      I will be working towards sending this petition to the Senate in the
      hopes that we can shape a better IDEA bill.

      I will continue to communicate with Senate staffers regarding parental
      concerns on IDEA. So, don't give up on the petition.

      If you haven't signed yet, your name has never been more important. Let
      them know you did not support the passage of HR 1350 and the Senate must
      draft a response bill that truly reflects the concerns of parents,
      maintains procedural safeguards as they stand, maintains a discipline
      policy that meets the needs of students with disabilities, maintains
      paperwork that holds our schools accountable to our children's education
      and promises the full funding of up to 40% that has been promised since
      1975.

      The fight continues...

      All the best,
      Debbie Brown

      SPARC - Special Parent Assistance & Resource Center - a NJ program for
      parents dealing with challenges posed by all disabilities offering
      support, education, advocacy and information & referral.
      http://www.geocities.com/sparcofucp

      Special Ed Watchdog Nation - SEWN - Special Ed advocacy info and
      resources
      http://community.webtv.net/SpecialEd_Watchdog/SpecialEdWatchdog

      Special Ed Webmasters and Listowners - an egroup
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SpedWebmasterListowners