Update on Hearing and Bill- Delayed

  • SpecialEd_Watchdog@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 19, 2003
      Possibly due to world events, the hearing did not take place for the
      Education Reform Committee regarding the IDEA Reauthorization bill. It
      had been slated to be introduced and assigned its number today.

      We can breathe a temporary sigh of relief.

      But the substance of the bill remains the same. The information remains
      correct and that is the content. If you were concerned by the 7 issues
      which I highlighted in my previous post, we must take advantage of this
      gift of time.

      Stuff those faxes, mailboxes, and email accounts of legislators. Flood
      their phone lines. You can make a difference.

      Correction: I listed Senator Ted Kennedy as head of IDEA reauthorization
      but he is the ranking member of the Education/Workforce Committee.
      Still cc him. The chairperson of IDEA reauthorization was listed on the

      Thank you for your time.

      Sincerely, Debbie Brown

      Special needs children have special parents!

      SPARC - Special Parent Assistance & Resource Center - a NJ program for
      special parents offering support, education, advocacy and information &
      referral.
      http://www.geocities.com/sparcofucp

      Special Ed Watchdog Nation - SEWN - Special Ed advocacy info and
      resources
      http://community.webtv.net/SpecialEd_Watchdog/SpecialEdWatchdog

      Special Ed Webmasters and Listowners - an egroup
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SpedWebmasterListowners