depression

  • valencia_warren <javex_16@hotmail.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2003
      Hello, I was wondering if anyone has information on depression in
      persons with cerebral palsy. My daughter is 13, mentally 7-8, has
      mild cerebral palsy, very mobile, but with gait problems, and is
      suffering with depression. I know it is the school that is the
      problem, she is stuck in a class of 25 kids who are above her level,
      and she needs alot of help. Also, they took her EPA away from her
      this year and she is so lost in school. She has toileting issues,
      seizures, reflux disease, all which require medication, and she
      hates all of it. She is on zoloft, which is helping a bit, and is
      in counselling once a week, we have increased all social activity
      trying to keep her occupied, but when she is home, she cries and
      cries. Just wondering if anyone had a little advice.

      Valencia