Fw: Important for Special Needs CALIFORNIA families to review: JANUARY 2011 BUDGET ACTION ALERT.docx

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 25, 2011
      --- On Tue, 1/25/11, Debra Marasco-McNulty <debraphp@...> wrote:

      From: Debra Marasco-McNulty <debraphp@...>
      Subject: Important for Special Needs families to review: JANUARY 2011 BUDGET ACTION ALERT.docx
      To: specialneedsinsloco@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 8:32 PM

      This is something we need to take time to do -  write letters and if we can, demonstrate at our representatives offices (locally as well as Sacramento.  The dates are February 3rd and the 7th.

      Dave Mulvey explained to me that a 30% to regional center services is being considered.   This could mean a cut from 5 days to 3 days for day programs, potential elimination of transportation,  more cuts to respite (or elimination), and also a reduction in other areas that families need.

      Also being considered is cutting IHSS to people who live with family.   If the people were to be put into placement situations - are they available?   Centers (Institutional)  are being closed and there are fewer new group homes.

      So please take the time and spread the word.  If you are unable to download, contact
      me for a copy.  Thank you, Debra M-Mc  238-9576 (home)  461-7415 (office T & TH)