gagging and dry heaves

  • cmevans
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 28, 2010
      my son is 9 yrs old and for the past several months he takes spells of gagging and dry heaves. for the past few weeks it has gotten worse now is throwing up alot of mucus and yellow stuff, I have took him to the doctor 5 times in 8 days, he had aspiration pneumonia. his lung sound clear today but he is still gagging he had the nissen done before he was 18 months old, I dont really know much about the first 18 months of his life I got him through foster care in 2001 and adopted him in 2004. has anyone else had this kind of problem with gagging and dry heaves, he is tube feed which he isnt getting much right now im so afraid he will choke to death during the night. I try staying awake as long as i can and he sleeps in my arms, but im so afraid ill go into a deep sleep and not hear him.
    • Elizabeth Brody
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 28, 2010
        First of all, how amazing you must be to take on this challenge
        willingly. You area hero and he is so lucky to have you. I would check
        for reflux as a possibility. That's my two cents worth anyway. Good
        luck and I hope they figure it out so you can get some rest. I have a
        night bnurse fo my boys now that our local Regional Center pays for. If
        you go too long without productive sleep it can really break you down
        and then you are no good for anyone. I can't stress how important it is
        for you to get sleep. Not to scare you the long term ramifications of
        sleep deprivation is deadly.
        Elizabeth