Re: hello everyone

  • bettieblue2001
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2002
      hi shannon!
      i have a 2 year old daughter with cp also. and i have a disabled
      parking permit, which gets alot of use!
      im sorry u were so upset today by those 2 women, it must have been
      awful for u. i havent had anyone say anything to me about it, but in
      australia we apply for and get a ticket that is then displayed in the
      windscreen of the car, so its easy to spot which cars are and are not
      allowed to park in the specified parking bays. i have however, had
      alot of experiences when there is no ticket on the car parked in the
      bay, and i know that alot of times people use them when they arent
      entitled to them, just because they r so much closer to the front of
      the shopping centre. maybe these women were just concerned that u
      were using a parking bay which they didnt realise u were entitled to
      use. and altho i agree totally that they should have listened to u
      when u told them about ur child, i also am glad that people r
      prepared to speak up when they think that these really important
      services for disabled people r being abused.
      i dont have any advice for u, except keep doing what u r doing, u
      know u r entitled to use the space, so try not to let what happened
      today upset u too much more, and maybe the next people those women
      tell off will be deserving of it, and it will stop them using the
      bays in the future :)
      happy new year too shannon!
      all the best
      tania