Grant Funding for Housing Accessibility

  • vjmcaneney
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2002
      We are about to undergo major renovations to a house that we are
      moving into to make it more accessible to our 9 yr old son who has
      CP. He uses a wheelchair to get around. We are widening hallways,
      putting in larger doors, putting in an accessible bathroom with roll-
      in shower and would like to put in a home elevator so that he can
      access the basement. We know that if we do this his brothers and
      sisters can easily move him between the 2 floors. Problem is that
      this project is getting very expensive...Does anyone know of possible
      funding sources that could assist us with the project. Any help
      would be greatly appreciated.