New To The Group!

  • tcadams610
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 24, 2009
      Hi, my name is Cathy. I am mommy to Cheyenne!
      Cheyenne is 2 years old. She was born at 28 weeks, and had grade 4 bleeds in her brain. She was diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy before she even left the NICU. She was in the NICU for 79 days.
      She has Spastic Quadraplegia CP. She is unable to walk (working on standing)... She is developmentally still a newborn- though she is really starting to get some attitude. She has not yet crawled, rolled, or even sat up on her own.
      She is in an pushable stroller wheelchair. We also have a stander that we are trying to get her used to.
      She is also feed through a G-button due to 90% aspiration.

      Though she has all the issues, she is still a happy child, and has more than figured out how to get what she wants!

      I look forward to learning more about everyone here, and hopefully getting some helpful tips!

      I am also a mom to Tyler- an autistic 2 year old!!
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 24, 2009
        Welcome Cathy,

        Debra M-Mc (mom to Jason, age 32, micro cp, spastic quad, trach, g-tube)