Re: confused

  • kathymason_75
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1 11:10 AM
      I have a 12 year old son with CP. He has been through 2 hip surgeries
      and about half dozen eye surgeries. We have tried botox for his legs.
      We are looking at surgery on his arms sometime in the next year. If you
      want to chat or just vent a little I'm hear to listen.
      Kathy Mason

      -- In cerebralpalsyclub@yahoogroups.com, "domhrp07" <domhrp07@...>
      wrote:

      > Just joined the site because I have six year old son with CP and we
      > are going through some tough times right now with surgeries coming up
      > and I was hoping to hear from other parents with similar concerns. If
      > anyone would like to chat plz feel free to write. Thanks

    • Cindy Aucoin
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 2 1:45 PM
        I have a 5 year old son and was (wishful thinking) hoping he would never have surgery. He has his first surgery in Aug 08, releases and had another minor surgery in january. WHen  is your son going to have surgery and on what. I know a family that just went through the hip surgery- which is what i am trying to prevent. It's very hard.

        wrote:

        > Just joined the site because I have six year old son with CP and we
        > are going through some tough times right now with surgeries coming up
        > and I was hoping to hear from other parents with similar concerns. If
        > anyone would like to chat plz feel free to write. Thanks

      • Erika
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 21 8:04 AM
          Hello~ I have a son whom is three with CP & thought I'd say hello as well as ask a couple questions if you don't mind. What types of surgeries have you been through with your son & what are they intended to improve? I am just curious. Thus far, we have been blessed enough to dodge any surgeries. Our sons tone is increasing quite a lot more though despite all of the stretching and therapy that we do at the therapist and at home. Any information is helpful.

          ~Erika~

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 21 12:08 PM
            Jason had Nissen Fundo/pyloral plasty/g-tube placement at 8
                             Hip abductor at 9 yrs
                             Harrington rod spinal surgery at 19
                             Failed gall bladder surgery at 31
            There have been other hospitalizations for stomach ulcer,stomach illius,  etc.

            Debra M-Mc (mom to Jason, age 32, micro cp, spastic quad, trach, g-tube)

          • ladysassiness@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 22 4:08 AM
              Hi Everyone!

              I wanted to introduce myself and maybe give some input. I have a 10 yr old
              daughter. She has spastic quadriplegia, seizures, ventricular tachycardia,
              esotropia and a kidney reflux. She's gone through 9 surgeries since 2006 and we
              may be looking at one more. She also had problems with her hips. We did the
              botox for a while but ended up doing the surgery. They broke her hip and thigh.
              They cut the muscle to give some release and then patched it all up with a
              metal plate. She was in a body cast for about 8 weeks. Very hard to take care
              of, just a small hole to shove a diaper in through. She now has a baclofen
              pump inserted in her abdomen to take care of the spasticity. It has helped
              alot, I recommend it to all who are having these problems.

              Please feel free to write me if anyone would like to just chat or what not.

              Casandra

              --- In _cerebralpalsyclub@cerebralpalscer_
              (mailto:cerebralpalsyclub@yahoogroups.com) , Cindy Aucoin <cinlyncpa@.ci> wrote:

              > I have a 5 year old son and was (wishful thinking) hoping he would never
              have surgery. He has his first surgery in Aug 08, releases and had another
              minor surgery in january. WHen is your son going to have surgery and on what. I
              know a family that just went through the hip surgery- which is what i am
              trying to prevent. It's very hard.

              steps!
              (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220685763x1201394209/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26hmpgID
              %3D62%26bcd%3DMarchfooterNO62)