RE: [CEREBRAL PALSY CLUB] Reposting in response to Vasodilation

  • Liz Hayward
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 15 6:51 AM
      Hi Bill,
      His name is Dr. Hammesfahr.  He's a neurologist in Florida who has done wonders for my kids.  I've spoken to many other parents who said the treatment worked better than any other they tried.  His website is www.brainandstroke.com  its not the best website, but there's some info on there.  I will warn you if you google the guy you'll see some not so favorable things because he was involved in the Terri Schiavo case.  Years ago he was on QuackWatch but the state of Florida and Medicare investigated him for years and found his therapy to be medically necessary and effective. He is legitimate.  Just wanted to throw that in because people google him and see that.  In my opinion he's a genius and ahead of his time.
      Liz

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 15 9:32 AM
        Hi Jon,
        Yes, it does work on adults with CP. No matter what age you are, when blood flow is restored to various parts of the brain, function returns. It may take a little longer to see results but I have heard some wonderful success stories.  One in particular that sticks out is a 65n year woman with CP who could not walk unassisted her entire life.  Within a few months of treatment she was walking and apparently now walks for exercise with just a limp.  Not everyone gets "amazing" results.  But I have spoken with other patients and everyone has benefited and feel this has helped more than anything else.  I just spoke to someone who's son is no longer on a baclofen pump, doing so much better.
        What's interesting is that I have been speaking with some of my customers about the therapy for their feedback....I work in the Medical Imaging Industry and just yesterday one of the radiologists said "that guy is a genius".  He's come under so much scrutiny over the years for going against conventional thinking of neurology however now with SPECT CT, we are able to see that many people with brain injury have reduced blood flow.
        Sorry for the long message.  Can you tell I'm passionate about the treatment :)
        Best of luck and let me know how it goes....
        Here is his website...not very impressive, but it gives some info.  He does do phone consults.
        www.brainandstroke.com
        All the best,
        Liz

        That sounds very interesting. Do you know if Dr. H therapy will work on adults with CP. As I never heard of Dr. H before you forward me on his web site and where his from. Thank you.

        Jon.