Re: [CEREBRAL PALSY CLUB] advice, help, please

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30 12:58 PM
      There is assistive and augmentive communication; this is by means of electronic devices and computers, simple pictures and picture boards (look up Boardmaker). Use of pointing or eye gaze. Alot of stuff. This could become a whole new career for you.

      Look up the company Ablenet and you'll get an idea of what I mean. When I worked in the school we had a saying, 'Retarded not stupid' which is politically incorrect now and in people first language would have to be restated, you get the idea. My son when he is bored of what is going on, will tune out and go to sleep, then move him and he comes alive and starts laughing at us.

      I am limited on my time right now, I am doing senior care; but I'll get more to you later,

      Debra M-mc

      dawn anderson <dawnbecool@...> wrote:
      dear ms. mcnulty,

      thank you for writing me,
      i am not sure where to begin. tracy, is 26 and i love her so much. she is stubborn, lazy, and very manipulative. and she is just fine with it. but she is smart and i know she could be so much more. right now she does nothing. and for the last 26 years she hasn't. she can be mean. and if you let her, she will have you running all around in circles. but, i wont. i have seen a small glimpse into what she can do and she loves the attention but since i have known her she has not had even 2 full days where she wasn't trying something. today she sat on the toiltet for 4 hours because i have no idea. she does't speak. she only uses maybe 10 signs and then she just moans or moos like cattle. i dont know