LIVING WITH A DISABILITY

  • frodiscaper71@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2002
      It's hard to live with CP. I've been married for 5 years. My husband is
      mentally retarded but it's so mild that it's not noticible. Unfortunately, he
      thinks he can push me around because my problem is physical and his is
      mental. He also has had severe tbi for 4 years. He's not the same man I fell
      in love with and married. I feel as if I live with a stranger. I wish he
      could understand he can't push me around and treat me nasty like he does but
      unfortunately he can't understand. I'm glad we don't have kids.

    • bettieblue2001
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2002
        im sorry to hear that u r having such a hard time of it. maybe u
        guys should try some kind of counselling? im not sure what severe
        tbi is? there is no excuse for abuse, whatever the persons problem
        is tho, and u shouldnt let him treat u badly. get some help, and
        some support.
        tania