Fund raising

  • roberthartsoe
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2007
      I've considered starting a group for fundraising for a long time but
      haven't because of limited time. But the need is certainly there and
      it is time so I have started a new group called "NeedFunds"
      specifically to discuss fund raising and share ideas. In addition, I
      will provide a web page and if you will provide me with details on
      your successful fund raiser, I will add it to the web page so it can
      be shared with others. The unique thing about your ideas that work
      is that they are not competitive to anyone else on the group so it
      will not harm your efforts to share them with others. Also, if you
      have a successful fundraiser and you share it you know you will be
      contributing to helping another child who needs funding. Let's
      share, help each other and it will be exciting to have a part in some
      else's success. You can join by going to the yahoo group at
      http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/NeedFunds/
      or you can simply send a blank email to
      NeedFunds-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      The group will be moderated because of the type group and the
      possibility of scam and spam. Also, NeedFunds is not to be used to
      promote your business. It is for parents or anyone else to share
      ideas that are proven to work.

      Following is the group description:

      This group is for the discussion of fund raisers to provide therapies
      and/or equipment for special needs children. Therapies like
      Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy are not paid for by insurance or Medicaid
      and can be very expensive. Many parents have very successful fund
      raisers which can be shared with others. In addition, we will provide
      a web page which will document your successful fund raisers so they
      can be shared with others. This group is not to promote your home
      based business or multilevel group. Multilevel is generally not
      allowed. However, if you do have a direct sales or multilevel idea
      that is good, you can first present it to the moderators and if we
      feel it is beneficial, we will allow it. Whatever your idea,
      auctions, dinners, bake sales, etc. we would like to share it with
      others. It is tough enough to figure out how to pay for therapies and
      when we find something that works, we need to share it with others.
      This group is moderated and all messages must be approved because of
      the potential spam and scam material which this type group will
      attract. Sister yahoo groups to this one include NeuroHBOT,
      NeuroTherapy, HBOTherapyforAutism, and some others. This idea came
      about because of our involvement with special needs children and
      seeing them get therapies which may benefit them. This group is
      sponsored by Miracle Mountain and is not intended just to raise funds
      to come to Miracle Mountain but to go wherever is best for the child
      involved. www.miraclemountain.org

      Hope you will all join and help out.
      Robert Hartsoe