Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy

  • Sanjay Patel
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2007
      Hi Erika,

      Hope everything works fine with your son. My nephew who is of 8 years now also a CP patient. Please send me detail information on Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy including location and fees details. My newphew is in India, so do you know any organization or Institute who can help me to call my newphew in USA for further treatment.

      Thank you,
      Sanjay

    • Beatriz Costa
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2007
        Sanjay,
        We are from Brazil, but my parents in law lived in India and my son did
        Hyperbaric oxygen therapy at the Apollo Hospital in New Delhi. I t wasn´t
        cheap, but much cheaper than in the US. I don´t remember the price, bu I
        believe the treatment (40 dives) was aobut US$ 1.800.
        Beatriz

        On 5/1/07, Sanjay Patel <sanjay33177@...> wrote:

        > Hi Erika,
        >
        > Hope everything works fine with your son. My nephew who is of 8 years now
        > also a CP patient. Please send me detail information on Hyperbaric Oxygen
        > Therapy including location and fees details. My newphew is in India, so do
        > you know any organization or Institute who can help me to call my newphew in
        > USA for further treatment.
        >
        > Thank you,
        > Sanjay

      • JeremyK
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 23, 2012
          Hello:

          I am the grandfather and guardian of Kylee, a beautiful 3 & 1/2 year old girl who suffered an anoxic brain injury at birth that has resulted in a number of medical challenges, including CP. I am investigating the viability of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy for her, as a potential treatment option. Information on the internet varies widely on how effective HBOT is for addressing tone issues, as well as damaged brain tissue. Her neurologist is skeptical due to the absence of clinical studies, but I am more interested in personal experiences with HBOT. Has anyone tried, on know anyone who has tried HBOT? If so, was it effective? Any information is greatly appreciated!

          Thank you,
          Jeremy
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 24, 2012
            There may be members of this group that can give you information.  But you could also join:   ParentsofSeverelyDisabledKids@yahoogroups.com    as they have members that have experience with HBOT.  They may also be able to direct you to services in your area.   Where are you located?

            Another is Danielle's Foundation .

            Debra M-Mc (mom to Jason, age 35, micro cp, spastic quad, trach, g-tube)

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 25, 2012
              Debra:

              Thank you for the suggestions! I will look into both of these groups. We are located in Nichigan City, Indiana.