Re: CP Therapy

  • jaimiemorris9379
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 30, 2007
      Hi Erika,

      I too very much dislike the unsolicited spam that gets through this
      site. I wish that this Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy was around when I was
      a kid. My CP affects my left arm & leg. However, I consider myself high-
      functioning.( I am able to walk w/o assistance & I work in Radiology as
      a MRI Technologist) I am very fortunate to have what I have. Best
      Wishes to you and your family.

      Thanks, Jaimie

      --- In cerebralpalsyclub@yahoogroups.com, "Erika" <sullykidsmom@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi everyone! I am sick of all these nasty messages from people. I
      am
      > a mother of a 18 month old boy with Cerebral Palsy and wish all the
      > nonsense would flee from this site. Anyway, for all of the families
      > out there that are afflicted with Cerebral Palsy, I would like to let
      > you know of hyperbaric oxygen therapy. It is something that I did
      > extensive research on before recentlly giving my son the opportunity
      > to participate. I am truly amazed by his progress and feel that
      > parents and people afflicted with Cerebral Palsy should have
      > information on how it helps. If you would like to know more please
      > email me and I would be more than happy to share what I've seen in my
      > own son as well as with others whom have undergone this therapy.

    • bobby
      Message 2 of 10 , May 1 1:20 PM
        --- In cerebralpalsyclub@yahoogroups.com, "jaimiemorris9379"
        <jaimiemorris9379@...> wrote:

        > Hi Erika,
        >
        > I too very much dislike the unsolicited spam that gets through this
        > site. I wish that this Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy was around when I was
        > a kid. My CP affects my left arm & leg. However, I consider myself high-
        > functioning.( I am able to walk w/o assistance & I work in Radiology as
        > a MRI Technologist) I am very fortunate to have what I have. Best
        > Wishes to you and your family.
        >
        > Thanks, Jaimie
        >
        > --- In cerebralpalsyclub@yahoogroups.com, "Erika" <sullykidsmom@>
        > wrote:

        i wonder if it works on adults with cp

        > > Hi everyone! I am sick of all these nasty messages from people. I
        > am
        > > a mother of a 18 month old boy with Cerebral Palsy and wish all the
        > > nonsense would flee from this site. Anyway, for all of the families
        > > out there that are afflicted with Cerebral Palsy, I would like to let
        > > you know of hyperbaric oxygen therapy. It is something that I did
        > > extensive research on before recentlly giving my son the opportunity
        > > to participate. I am truly amazed by his progress and feel that
        > > parents and people afflicted with Cerebral Palsy should have
        > > information on how it helps. If you would like to know more please
        > > email me and I would be more than happy to share what I've seen in my
        > > own son as well as with others whom have undergone this therapy.

      • SARA DAN
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 28, 2007
          hi dear Erika. my brother is 21 years old and suffering from cp
          i'd like to know if hyperbaric oxygen therapy may be useful for him or not? thank u
          for sharing your experience.

          Erika <sullykidsmom@...> wrote:
          Hi everyone! I am sick of all these nasty messages from people. I am
          a mother of a 18 month old boy with Cerebral Palsy and wish all the
          nonsense would flee from this site. Anyway, for all of the families
          out there that are afflicted with Cerebral Palsy, I would like to let
          you know of hyperbaric oxygen therapy. It is something that I did
          extensive research on before recentlly giving my son the opportunity
          to participate. I am truly amazed by his progress and feel that
          parents and people afflicted with Cerebral Palsy should have
          information on how it helps. If you would like to know more please
          email me and I would be more than happy to share what I've seen in my
          own son as well as with others whom have undergone this therapy.

        • lbruneian
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 28, 2007
            Hi anyone out there. I am a mother of a 6yr old daughter with CP. I
            read a lot about therapies for CP over the internet such as fetal stem
            therapy, hyperbaric oxygen therapy, therasuit (spider) therapy, etc
            but I don't know which of these therapies is best for CP. I would like
            to try any one of the above therapy for my daughter but the problem is
            most of these therapies are done overseas and definitely it would cost
            a lot which I cannot afford. I wonder if anyone knows whether there
            are any, done nearer to Malaysia. I would be grateful if someone could
            help and give me some advice on this. Thank you. Lucy
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 28, 2007
              Hi Lucy,

              I am here, but I am in California USA. I have a 30 yr old son with CP; I guess the therapy that you choose would depend on the type of CP that your daughter has, in other words, the part of the brain that was affected. There are new innovations all the time. Since you daughter is young, you have many options open for you to consider and research. With my son, I am looking more into augmentive communication and assistive technology; but I am very interested in the HBOT.

              Sorry to not be of more help,
              Debra (mom to Jason, Micro-ceph cp, spastic quad, g-tube, trach)

              lbruneian <lbruneian@...> wrote:
              Hi anyone out there. I am a mother of a 6yr old daughter with CP. I
              read a lot about therapies for CP over the internet such as fetal stem
              therapy, hyperbaric oxygen therapy, therasuit (spider) therapy, etc
              but I don't know which of these therapies is best for CP. I would like
              to try any one of the above therapy for my daughter but the problem is
              most of these therapies are done overseas and definitely it would cost
              a lot which I cannot afford. I wonder if anyone knows whether there
              are any, done nearer to Malaysia. I would be grateful if someone could
              help and give me some advice on this. Thank you. Lucy

            • dillonsmom05
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 11, 2007
                We are currently going through our second round of hyperbaric oxygen
                therapy with my 21 month old son and love it.

                --- In cerebralpalsyclub@yahoogroups.com, SARA DAN
                <sunflower_1384@...> wrote:

                > hi dear Erika. my brother is 21 years old and suffering from cp
                > i'd like to know if hyperbaric oxygen therapy may be useful for
                him or not? thank u
                > for sharing your experience.
                >
                > Erika <sullykidsmom@...> wrote:
                > Hi everyone! I am sick of all these nasty messages from
                people. I am
                > a mother of a 18 month old boy with Cerebral Palsy and wish all the
                > nonsense would flee from this site. Anyway, for all of the families
                > out there that are afflicted with Cerebral Palsy, I would like to
                let
                > you know of hyperbaric oxygen therapy. It is something that I did
                > extensive research on before recentlly giving my son the
                opportunity
                > to participate. I am truly amazed by his progress and feel that
                > parents and people afflicted with Cerebral Palsy should have
                > information on how it helps. If you would like to know more please
                > email me and I would be more than happy to share what I've seen in
                my
                > own son as well as with others whom have undergone this therapy.

              • Erika
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 11, 2007
                  Hi I advize you to visit www.oceanhbo.com there is contact numbers
                  that you may call and request a packet. They send information on
                  different case studies as well as a video. This is the facility in
                  which we chose in Florida as Dr. Neubauer is whom pioneered
                  hyperbaric oxygen therapy.

                  --- In cerebralpalsyclub@yahoogroups.com, "dillonsmom05"
                  <dillonsmom05@...> wrote:

                  > We are currently going through our second round of hyperbaric
                  oxygen
                  > therapy with my 21 month old son and love it.
                  >
                  > --- In cerebralpalsyclub@yahoogroups.com, SARA DAN
                  > <sunflower_1384@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > hi dear Erika. my brother is 21 years old and suffering from cp
                  > > i'd like to know if hyperbaric oxygen therapy may be useful
                  for
                  > him or not? thank u
                  > > for sharing your experience.
                  > >
                  > > Erika <sullykidsmom@> wrote:
                  > > Hi everyone! I am sick of all these nasty messages
                  from
                  > people. I am
                  > > a mother of a 18 month old boy with Cerebral Palsy and wish all
                  the
                  > > nonsense would flee from this site. Anyway, for all of the
                  families
                  > > out there that are afflicted with Cerebral Palsy, I would like
                  > let
                  > > you know of hyperbaric oxygen therapy. It is something that I
                  did
                  > > extensive research on before recentlly giving my son the
                  > opportunity
                  > > to participate. I am truly amazed by his progress and feel that
                  > > parents and people afflicted with Cerebral Palsy should have
                  > > information on how it helps. If you would like to know more
                  please
                  > > email me and I would be more than happy to share what I've seen
                  in
                  > my
                  > > own son as well as with others whom have undergone this therapy.

                • Debbie Chiodini
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 11, 2007
                    I have actually seen the videos, they are amazing. We currently are getting HBOT, but we chose a facility in Kansas City, because it is closer to home. I wish more people knew about it, we have seen some amazing improvements with our son and others we have met here. We did 40 treatments in March and are doing another 20 in the next two weeks.

                    <dillonsmom05@...> wrote:

                    > We are currently going through our second round of hyperbaric
                    oxygen
                    > therapy with my 21 month old son and love it.
                    >
                    > --- In cerebralpalsyclub@yahoogroups.com, SARA DAN
                    > <sunflower_1384@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > hi dear Erika. my brother is 21 years old and suffering from cp
                    > > i'd like to know if hyperbaric oxygen therapy may be useful
                    for
                    > him or not? thank u
                    > > for sharing your experience.
                    > >
                    > > Erika <sullykidsmom@> wrote:
                    > > Hi everyone! I am sick of all these nasty messages
                    from
                    > people. I am
                    > > a mother of a 18 month old boy with Cerebral Palsy and wish all
                    the
                    > > nonsense would flee from this site. Anyway, for all of the
                    families
                    > > out there that are afflicted with Cerebral Palsy, I would like
                    > let
                    > > you know of hyperbaric oxygen therapy. It is something that I
                    did
                    > > extensive research on before recentlly giving my son the
                    > opportunity
                    > > to participate. I am truly amazed by his progress and feel that
                    > > parents and people afflicted with Cerebral Palsy should have
                    > > information on how it helps. If you would like to know more
                    please
                    > > email me and I would be more than happy to share what I've seen
                    in
                    > my
                    > > own son as well as with others whom have undergone this therapy.

                  • YAHAIRA KANE
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 11, 2007
                      Wow! that sounds exciting. I have 2 questions: Are these treatments covered by health insurance? if not, are they expensive?