Re: [CEREBRAL PALSY CLUB] School / Special Education help needed

  • NPTQueenie@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2007
      contact your school district, ask for the SEPTA reprsentative (Special Ed
      PTA).
      also the county's should have social workers
      try googling the various towns etc.

    • Pilar Bustamante
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2007
        Hi, I am mother of Aitana, 9 yrs old, one of triplets. As I mentioned before, she has a very good language, poor trunk control and very poor hands movement. Intellectually she is brillant but now that she is growing up, she does have cognitive delay (due to lack of experiences) and the gap with other children of her age is getting larger every day.

        She goes to a regular school where she has a special INCLUSIVE PROGRAM. During the last half year she has had an emotional crisis, in part because she is more aware of her differences. We are strongly thinking of moving her to a special school so that she can relate with other children like herself. We think she may loose many things from beeing "social integrated" but can gain many others.

        Does anyone have an opinion on INCLUSIVE EDUCATION Vs SPECIAL?

        Thanks!

        Pilar Bustamante

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 9, 2007
            Thanks a lot for sharing John.
            Best wishes.

            Pilar

            I am the father of twin 6 yr old boys. One with normal development and
            one with CP. I am in the position of being able to relocate anywhere
            in the Puget Sound area of Washington State; however, while there is
            much information on schools and regular classes I am having difficulty
            finding anything on the effectiveness of various schools special ed
            programs. Does anyone have any suggestions?

            Thank you
            Erin

            Este mensaje ha sido verificado por el E-mail Protegido Terra.
            Antivirus: McAfee VirusScan / Actualizado en 02/01/2007 / Versión: 4.4.00/4930